MG3 Barrel

Looking for something? Ask here.
DW714
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy
Anti-spam: Mg42

MG3 Barrel

Post by DW714 »

Presently it's looking pretty difficult to find MG3 Barrels. I've seen a few on Gun Broker but the price is astronomical compared to historical prices. Does anybody know of a better place to get them? Seems like this is a market ripe for the taking, if you're a barrel maker. :?

Any information would be greatly appreciated seeing as I just inherited a friends massive MG3 build that has no barrel. a massive oversight on his part for not realizing how difficult it is to get your hands on one, of course I guess I'm just as big a fool.
Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Re: MG3 Barrel

Post by Der Alder »

Well the price of original barrels, be it 8mm or 7.62 is never going to get any cheaper than they are now short of ending the barrel ban which is very unlikely.

IMO $400 for a hammer forged chromed 7.62 NATO spec barrel is not all that bad considering you will never wear it out shooting in SA in a lifetime. Yeah they were cheap at one time (so was lots of other things), but look at other original barrels like the SG43 which is double that and all of sudden $400 aint bad.

I'd get one on GB while they are still $400...cause in time they will be higher. Your chances of getting a good in spec barrel when original is much better than a US or converted barrel IMO, but as always HS your barrel/bolt combos no matter what.

Just my 2 cents....