WTB MG42 Buffer (German only, no Yugo)

Looking for something? Ask here.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

WTB MG42 Buffer (German only, no Yugo)

Post by JBaum »

Working with a friend on getting some spade grips made for the MG42. Need a buffer to put in a receiver piece to use as a jig for welding the buttstock cup to the spades so that the trigger rod is properly aligned. I have the receiver piece, just need a German buffer.

Need a German buffer only - I don't have Yugo buttstock cups so we won't be making Yugo/Wiselite spades. We may make kits for those who want to weld their own Yugo/Wiselite spades together with your own buttstock cup. We'll decide that after the German spades are in production.

The spades will be patterned from the German spades for the MG3 used on their helicopters. High quality assembly, not junky, or ugly, made from steel and not cheap. We'll have a price set once production starts. I'll announce it here when it happens. Production will be very limited due to the buttstock cups being difficult to find.

These should be ready sometime this fall. It's a slow moving project, but I've shot the fully functional prototype, and its sweet on the AA tripod. We just need a buffer and we'll get production going soon.

I'm not going to use the buffer for anything more than a piece of the welding jig. I don't care if it has the buffer spring, or if the spring is screwed up, and it may get some weld spatter, so rust pits are OK too.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Re: WTB MG42 Buffer (German only, no Yugo)

Post by Der Alder »

Sounds very interesting. 8)