need replacement steel tips for older mg34 buttstock

Looking for something? Ask here.
jackxxx
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

need replacement steel tips for older mg34 buttstock

Post by jackxxx »

I know it is a long shot to find any but if anyone has had any made or have some take offs left over i would like to buy some cheaper than having some made. The ones on mine are rusted away..
Sooner will a camel fit through the eye of a needle than discover a great man through elections.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: need replacement steel tips for older mg34 buttstock

Post by 42rocker »

Try to look up our Canadian friend Michael, he was working on several butt stock projects and one of the ideas was to reproduce the tips.

Later 424rocker
jackxxx
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by jackxxx »

thanks. I will try him. If all else fells i am going to try and make some out of brass.
Sooner will a camel fit through the eye of a needle than discover a great man through elections.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 42rocker »

Brass,,, that sounds cool. Like to see how that looks. Don't think that the German's did any in brass, I don't know in they did. Still would look neat.

Later 42rocker
jackxxx
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by jackxxx »

yes i think it would be neat to.. I am going to go ahead and redo the whole stock and metal.. May gold plate the metal.. The cool thing about the stock besides the metal tips is that i have matching numbers on the buffer assy and on the bakelite and the metal part thats inside the stock.. That has to be kinda rare for a metal tips stock.. 3 matching numbers.. Like to do a topic about it called how to pimp out your mg34 buttstock.. He he he