WTF Ryan Schnee

Saved for Reference.
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Re: WTF Ryan Schnee

Post by dwmmg08 »

mp5 wrote:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS wrote:What 12WaffenSS is saying is that it is not news that Ryan takes practically forever to finish a project, and you should expect that if you do business with him in the future.

My last words on this topic for now.

When I sent the lafette to Ryan I had no illusions of a quick turnaround, yet in the beginning, before he moved to Montana from Ohio,it seemed he would get it done within one year. But I never expected that three and a half years later I would be writing about this situation.
Three and a half years??? WOW! I would be getting a little hot at that. Dang! Forever is right? :shock:
Chappy
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by Chappy »

Hello Troop's,

A little late on this thread but I will let you know of my dealing with Ryan from here in the UK.

I bought an item from him at $600, clearly at this value I requested insurance, for which I paid for, for my peace of mind.

I waited weeks for the parcel to arrive and after sending numereous Emails I eventually received a response. he explained he had been away on business and he would chase the issue as soon as possible.

Again a few weeks elapsed, no parcel, I sent more Emails and eventually I received another reply he explained the parcel could not be traced and that neither he nor I could claim for the missing package :(

To say I was P***ed off is an understatement. As his reputation on these type of Forums was as then untarnished, I believed this to be a genuine mistake and thus we agreed between us that I should received a $300 refund and an Laufshutzer 34 as compensation and he would right off the remaing $300 at his end.

As I paid through Paypal I did received the $300 refund that week but never received the barrel carrier :(

I understand that people do not live constantly attached to their PC monitors and that there may be delays in answering Emails due to work or family commitments but when you are dealing with buyers money or selling items as part of a business it's important to keep in touch with the customer.

I think Ryan seriously needs to work on his "Customer relations" issues.

I will not deal with this individual again.

All the best to those with ongoing issues I hope things are recitified sooner rather than later.

Cheers,

Mark.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Sorry to hear of the latest,it does seem to be a recurring theme.However,to not have the package insured after specific request is inexcusable.Ryan has nice stuff,but if you cannot successfully deal with him,why bother.I think he either needs to be in business for real,or keep it as a hobby and not PO folks.
---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

Chappy wrote: I bought an item from him at $600, clearly at this value I requested insurance, for which I paid for, for my peace of mind.......

we agreed between us that I should received a $300 refund and an Laufshutzer 34 as compensation and he would right off the remaing $300 at his end.

As I paid through Paypal I did received the $300 refund that week but never received the barrel carrier :(
Mark.
Chappy, I'm sorry to hear your story.Truely.
Not to say this senerio is what happened but,....
Could someone send an insured $600 package, get paid $600 for it by the reciever, get paid $600 for it again by the insurance, and then work out a deal to pay the recieving person $300. Net profit $900 for nothing.
just thinkin out loud.
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

mp5 wrote:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS wrote:What 12WaffenSS is saying is that it is not news that Ryan takes practically forever to finish a project, and you should expect that if you do business with him in the future.

My last words on this topic for now.

When I sent the lafette to Ryan I had no illusions of a quick turnaround, yet in the beginning, before he moved to Montana from Ohio,it seemed he would get it done within one year. But I never expected that three and a half years later I would be writing about this situation.
His delay and the lack of feedback have aroused paranoia in me from time to time, but after talikng to a few with other experiences with Ryan I do not believe him to be either a thief or an internet con-man. He is apologetic for the delay, citing pressures of relocating and setting up two businesses during this time, Last week he promised to finish it this month.
Will keep you posted.
So, what's the update? I can only assume that the month has passed and that you've gotten your parts back.
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

I know what you mean Drooling...I am not an expert on postal insurance...but I don't understand if you have insurance and then a shipment is sent and it never arrives and noone gets anything?

Not trying to put salt in a wound.

Really sorry everyone has had such problems.
salt6
General
General

Post by salt6 »

The sender has to file a claim. He also receives the reimbursement. It's not a fast process.

salt
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

John Newton (1725-1807)

George Orwell

salt6
bergflak
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bergflak »

salt6 wrote:The sender has to file a claim. He also receives the reimbursement. It's not a fast process.

salt

Correct salt6! And oddly enough, I have just been through the process. The postal system has a maximum reimbursement limit though, so I wasn't able to reimburse the buyer the whole sum. I lost a very nice MGz40, all complete with lenses, box, carrying strap, rubber eye, clarinol tuch and brush. It disappeared somewhere between US customs and the buyers post office. Oh, by the way.....the buyer was Ryan Schnee.
Mit freundlichen Grüße

Bergflak
www.bergflak.com
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

There seems to be some sort of cosmic void,where stuff goes in,never to be seen again-how would Steven Hawkings explain this? :( ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

Bil wrote:There seems to be some sort of cosmic void,where stuff goes in,never to be seen again-how would Steven Hawkings explain this? :( ---bil
However he'd explain it, he'd use that creepy voice-box thing of his.

Still, it's not as bad as the computer voice from the movie "WarGames".
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

I wouldn't be surprised if you guys that had 'lost' merchandise involving Ryan to have the postal inspectors asking for further details!

This guy is having way too many problems to be legit...while I might have had some problems mailing things in the past...unless there is a crooked mail delivery guy...well...we all know the answer to where the issue is...
mp5
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by mp5 »

MP5 (Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:37 pm) wrote: Had a long conversation with El Ryan this AM.
He says I will get the tripod back next month, which he is taking off to catch up.
He says that he finally got his business, making stuff for Segway, up & running, and he will catch up with his "legacy" customers next month.
He apologized for the delay and admits it was all his fault.
He seemed genuine, but I will let his deeds do the talking.
Will keep you appraised.

Jorge
Nuttin' honey!
Regards,

Jorge

Post by Bil »

Did you say Segway or Amway? Sounds like a road trip is in order. :( It can't get lost in the mail if you pick it up at his door! :shock: ---bil
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

yeah...whatever you do...if Ryan says he has something to mail to you...look into flying to his location and doing a local pickup...he seems to have a black hole at his local post office...
cipollinaj
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by cipollinaj »

Guys,
I just purchased an MG34 gunner's kit on Ebay
and the seller was listed as CLAUDIASCHNEE
Are they one in the same? :oops:
The seller is out of Montana
and has 100% perfect feedback.
I paid for it yesterday with Paypal.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Claudia is Ryan's wife.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
cipollinaj
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by cipollinaj »

Seems big inconsistency with this family.
Claudia has 1831 positive feedbacks on eBay and no negative feedbacks.
I guess I feel a little better dealing with her. :cross:
I'll let you know.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Claudia's last debut here was a video of this cute redheaded girl shooting the MP-40, the very same MP-40 I bought from Ryan & Claudia. i wish I could find a nice German girl like that. Ryan is a lucky guy.

Instead, for company all I have is the likes of you guys, including Bil... :puk: Where's that Hitler suicide pistol when I need it ?
:lol:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

That's what you get for hanging around here! There are other sites for nice redheads that like to shoot guns-Weapons guild,for one.Right,Rocco? 8) ---bil
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »