WWT MG BELTS

Saved for Reference.
geladen

WWT MG BELTS

Post by geladen »

i have 90 belts and 20 starter tabs.they are all marked POF. they were loaded with ammo, the headstamp read- 7.62X51 POF 90, no ammo, just the belts. unused condition. looking to trade for mg 34 parts, bolt, good german barrel, spare barrel case, 50 rnd drum, drum carrier, my mg will be semi auto so i also need the conversion parts for the bolt and trigger. if i were to sell them i would be happy with $10 each. thanks for looking.
Attachments
IMG_0127.JPG
IMG_0125.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG
geladen

Re: WWT MG BELTS

Post by geladen »

sorry its late ....... :? WTT
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Do you know what type they are-the tab is differant? Thanks. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

You rotten SOB, you kept the ammo. I wanted some ammo......

Seriously, great price. You wont have a problem moving them.
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
geladen

Post by geladen »

hahahhha.... i didnt get any ammo either! but im not complaining. :)

bil - my best guess is that they are 1990 pakistan manufacture...
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

geladen wrote:hahahhha.... i didnt get any ammo either! but im not complaining. :)

bil - my best guess is that they are 1990 pakistan manufacture...
Probably correct. J&G sales has them loaded, POF manufacturer, 1990's production. By the way, they WONT ship this product to NY because they (J&G) consider non disintegrating links 'post ban high cap feeding devices' and wont sell them to me......
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Those are MG-3 belts, not wartime MG-42 belts. I have plenty of both. Both can work in an MG-42. The MG-3 belt links are a TINY bit closer together than the MG-42 links, but they still work. If you don't want to risk breaking a nice wartime belt, these are a good alternative. I think I'd hesitate trading spare wartime MG-42 parts, especially a barrel, for them though. It really depends on what you need to add to your personal collection or to get your gun properly accessorized. 90 belts is a LOT though. At $10.00 per belt, that's a good buy.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
geladen

Post by geladen »

scottd, have you thought about making 10 round belts? take 40 links off the belt and put the tab back on. that way your not breaking any commie laws and you can put as many together as you want.
geladen

Post by geladen »

i just recieved more belts :D . half of them were the same MG3 (thanks DA) POF belts. the other 15 or so are very different. they are the same basic configuration but much sturdier, different hole pattern, and they have an unmarked square tab. i can only asume they came from the same batch of ammo but i dont know.

i also found a WW2 WA marked belt in the bunch!

as i was checking the belts over i did notice that the tabs are marked POF and dated, most are 1990.
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

geladen wrote:i have 90 belts and 20 starter tabs.they are all marked POF. they were loaded with ammo, the headstamp read- 7.62X51 POF 90, no ammo, just the belts. unused condition. looking to trade for mg 34 parts, bolt, good german barrel, spare barrel case, 50 rnd drum, drum carrier, my mg will be semi auto so i also need the conversion parts for the bolt and trigger. if i were to sell them i would be happy with $10 each. thanks for looking.
Send me a pm on your price shipped for 3 belts.

Thanks!
geladen

Post by geladen »

i no longer need a bolt, recieved 1 in trade, thanks.
geladen

Post by geladen »

i recieved a barrel but im still looking for a few other accesories, 50rnd drum, drum carrier and a spare barrel carrier. i also got the STEN bug so would trade for sten parts also. i decided to donate $2 per belt to the MG42 forum, traded or sold. Thanks
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

geladen wrote: i decided to donate $2 per belt to the MG42 forum, traded or sold. Thanks
Thank you, Its spontaneous donations like your's that keep the door open and the lights on around here.
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
geladen

Post by geladen »

i love the site, doing what i can glad to help.