FS- Two German Bundeswer MG1 kits

Saved for Reference.
cowboy255

FS- Two German Bundeswer MG1 kits

Post by cowboy255 »

I have two 4 cut German MG1 kits for sale. I don't know what happened to my post count here, but you can check my feedback on eBay and http://www.ak-47.net since it's so low. My handle cowboy255 is the same at those places.

The first "I'll take it" posted to this thread get's it but please follow up with an email to me at cowboy255[remove this part]@verizon.net These are not cross posted anywhere else yet. So for now you all have first dibs on these.

Payment can be Bank issued check, USPS Money order, or discreet Credit card payment through PP(you know the name) but add 4% to the price to cover PP fees

Kit #1 $1100 Check/M.O. or $1144 PP Prices are shipped FedEx Ground
This has the Bundeswer stamp OBH but other than a hand stamped serial number there is no other man'f identification. My theory is this is either a late war receiver and they skipped a mechanical stamping operation to save time or a sanitized one. I don't see any weld or grind marks so I'm guessing the former. MG1 feedtray, 7.62 NATO barrel in exc+ cond. Looks like all the parts are here. When I got this kit about 10 years ago it was minus a buttstock. At the time they were really hard to find and I ended finding an OD green Steyr MG74 so that's what come with this package. Very nice torch cut with very little slag but it is through the still attached rails. RECEIVER PIECES ARE MATCHING! Barrel bushing area is intact and the ratchet plate is very salvagable with just about a quarter inch taken off at the back end by the dog leg. Waffenamps here and there, bolt & carrier electropeciled. Hope this is descriptive enough.

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp7/ ... 0864-1.jpg
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp7/ ... C00865.jpg

Kit #2 $1200 Check/M.O. or $1248 PP Prices are shipped FedEx ground

Man'f ID is GH over MG42 over 8207e over cra. Also this has the Bundeswer stamp OBH. Very nice wartime MG42 coverted to MG1. MG1 feedtray, 7.62 NATO barrel in exc+ cond. Looks like all the parts are here. When I got this kit about 10 years ago it also was minus a buttstock. At the time they were really hard to find and I ended finding an unmarked exc. cond bakelite buttstock so that's what come with this package. Also very nice torch cut with very little slag but it is through the still attached rails. RECEIVER PIECES ARE MATCHING! Barrel bushing area is intact but it did go through the very front edge of the front site base hump. It got the front left side hole, but barely so easy rebuild IMHO. The ratchet plate on this one is also very salvagable with just about a quarter inch taken off at the back end by the dog leg. Waffenamps here and there, bolt & carrier electropeciled. Hope this is descriptive enough.

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp7/ ... C00866.jpg
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp7/ ... C00867.jpg
cowboy255

Re: FS- Two German Bundeswer MG1 kits

Post by cowboy255 »

These are now cross posted on www.1919a4.com first time stamped email to me gets first dibs.
cowboy255

Re: FS- Two German Bundeswer MG1/2? kits

Post by cowboy255 »

I got a history lesson from Bob Naess on 1919a4 about the correct designation of these kits being MG2 and not MG1. And let this clip of his post stand as the correction to the ad. Follows...

"Point of information. You are offering an MG2 kit, not an MG1. The MG2s were reconditioned WWII vintage MG42s, altered to use the Nato .308 round by the GDR some time after WWII. MG1s, or MG42/58s, were manufactured post-war begining about 1957/58 by Rheinmetall and did not have the AA sight attachment boss on top of the forward shroud, and used a recuperator housing that had an extended tube body at the rear of the attachment plate. The MG1 and the subsequent models up through the MG3 had recuperators that would not fit into the WWIi vintage MG42s, as the anchor for the recuperators in the WWII MG42s was positioned too far forward. Also, the buffer housing was cut so that it would fit over the tail of the longer recuperator housing on the Rheinmetall MG1s and later guns. A vintage MG42 buffer housing will not assemble to an MG1 receiver, as it is not relieved to fit over the extended tube. However, the MG 1 buffer housing will assemble to a WWII receiver. The MG2s had the arsenal stamps on them from the Bundeswehr as they were arsenal modified with .308 components.
There are about eight verified Rheinmetall made MG42/58s and MG1A1s in the US NFRTR, one of which I presently own. Most of these came through Colt that apparently brought them in for R&D, and eventually they were registered and sold on the private market."

Bob Naess
Black River Militaria CII
cowboy255

Post by cowboy255 »

Kit #2 is Sold Pending
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

PM sent.

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
cowboy255

Post by cowboy255 »

Kit #1 SPF to GDMoore28.
Keep Up The Fire

Post by Keep Up The Fire »

Cowboy,are your 42 kits sold yet, I know you post SPF on both any word yet on the SPF if not I can send you a CC for kit # one plus shipping.
PH# 772-529-8713
Thanks
Rai :cheer:
cowboy255

Post by cowboy255 »

Kit #1 is paid for and on it's way to gdmoore28! Many thanks again!

Kit #2 is currently sold pending funds.

Thanks for the interest.
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Kit #1 arrived today. Just beautiful. Or, as beautiful as a sixty-year-old warrior can be :D

Richard went out of his way to make sure I was fully informed of the shipment. Really nice, consciencious man. If you get a chance to buy something from him, do so with confidence.

This is going to be a really easy build because of the way this gun was martyred. I'll look forward to posting pics of the build (If I ever get my shop finished -- arggggghhhhhh :?

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
Keep Up The Fire

Post by Keep Up The Fire »

Thanks for the heads up cowboy, the story of my life,dollar short and a day late, :( :( :(
fredieusa

Post by fredieusa »

Hey Cowboy - many Thanks.

The cleanest kit I have seen by far. And I own several.
The cuts are so sharp and clean. They rival saw cut.

I want to ask, "why did you sell" but I am sure you had a good reason and I
will not be blamed for being intrusive.

Many Thanks.
dhanoya
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

I bought Kit #1. You are right about the cuts. Somebody did a fine job on cutting this one up. I showed it to a friend yesterday and he said it looked like it had been cut by a plasma cutter. I can't wait to build up a nice semi from it.

GeeDeeEmm
cowboy255

Post by cowboy255 »

Thanks for the positive comments on the kits I sold guys! I'm glad you are both pleased with the quality of the kits. They should make for some nice rewelds since the person who cut them did so with great care. Moderators can close this thread as you please.

For the curious...simple economics. After the 8mm dried up & the 308 hit $600 a case, I sold my BRP42 earlier this year. I thought about keeping the kits for a rainy day but I've got (2) 1919BMG's & an RPD to feed so the MG42 gear was the obvious thing to let go of. First the kits, and in the coming days some accessories like MG3 feedtray, top cover, and booster/hider, an 8mm belt loader, a 7.62 Nato belt loader, and a NIB AA tripod to name a few.

On a happy note, I used the funds to date to buy a new knee mill, and I'll soon be adding digital readouts! :lol: (Evil laugh)
weasel
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by weasel »

For those of you who didn't get these kits, I.O.'s add in the latest SGN will have m-53 kits in October with all receiver parts (as per their picture). Limited supply $699.95
Weasel