F/S M-53 4-cut kit with 308 and 8mm conv parts (spf)

Saved for Reference.
helix60
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by helix60 »

Not likely on all counts. The only one that contains the parts you are refering to are the BRP receivers. All the others seem to be just a rough stamping that still requires welding of the seams, and machining of the camming bosses.

Regards,
Heli
Bil wrote:Not to hi-jack the thread,just to point out some things-Will the new receivers have-buffer cams,front sight assembly,AA mounts-grip mounts-lafette mounts-barrel bushing-barrell door-inside barrell stop-rear sight mount-sling mount- these are all needed and are not in the kits for the most part.Where will they come from? It costs more to get it one piece at a time.Tom R is right [as usual] Good luck selling this! ---bil
weasel_master
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by weasel_master »

I know you posted you didn't want to, but if you decide to sell the 8mm parts drop me a pm.
wilfx
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Post by wilfx »

Are the buffer tabs included and usable? Other than the mods on the bolt and grip ,ratchet plate and rivets, what else is needed to build a complete SA?
Barbcue

Post by Barbcue »

everything is there i believe..TomR would know more about this kit than i do.. i just unpacked it for the photo..but it looks good !
boss429
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by boss429 »

[quote="TOM R"]I think the problem is too many are waiting to buy new receivers. I personally think a weld-up is easier then relying on the fit and function of a new receiver, these old ones had the parts fit to them so you know the parts will fit just my .02.

Your right about that Tom R. I don't think guys realize how much fitting will be involved with the new receivers. Look at how many new scraped receivers cut into sections BRP sold and what they charge for a completed gun. I bet getting one of those new made receivers to work is brutal and all the little stuff like the rivet dimples and spacing pads to get everything to fit up and still be straight. After building a mess of various semis I have a healthy respect for welding up original parts versus using new made stuff,inevatibly the radius will be slightly different-add metal here -take away there just like the factory that made thousands of them back when.
DONT TREAD ON ME
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

PM sent. ---bil
Barbcue

Post by Barbcue »

This kit is finally SOLD Pending funds "MODS" please leave this post here until this deal is done..

Thanks DI for helping me with the pic,

Thanks Bil for buying it..When funds arrive in 2 weeks i will
PM DI to delete..

Thanks again Guys

Barbcue..
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

Yeah! Congrats to all involved!

ImageImageImage

TC
mr. wipple

Post by mr. wipple »

Congrats bil I think you got one hell of a deal.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I really didn't need another project,but the poor thing looked so lonesome,like a puppy in a store window. :cry: ---bil
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

Barbcue wrote:This kit is finally SOLD Pending funds "MODS" please leave this post here until this deal is done..

Thanks DI for helping me with the pic,

Thanks Bil for buying it..When funds arrive in 2 weeks i will
PM DI to delete..

Thanks again Guys

Barbcue..
IS THIS A DONE DEAL?

TC
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

TC-nice to see you tidying up the old site,sweeping in the corners! :D Barbcue is waiting for my MO,we will advise you when we are all set.Thanks. ---bil
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

thanks Bil ! Just trying to earn another golf shirt :roll: :mrgreen:

TC
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Are you still wearing the one you got on Tuesday! My God ,man,change it! :roll: When will we get to see those goodies? ---bil