Saved for Reference.
salt6
General
General
Anti-spam: Mg42

For Sale Forum

Post by salt6 »

OK Guys,

This isn't ebay. Gun parts, accessories, and tools are OK. That's why it's there.

admin
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

John Newton (1725-1807)

George Orwell

salt6
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

:gg:

what do you mean no weasel parts, or do they qualify as accessories ? :rolling:
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

I would think everything that is related to military, especially firearms would be welcome here. I just don't want everyone selling printer cartridges and other CRAP that I get SPAM for without being here. Sell the CRAP on ePay.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

How about cars and trucks.You can put an MG42 on the roof if you cut a hole in it? 8)
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Oh yeah. Technicals should be included.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

so no military vehicles? :crash:
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

I was certain this thread was about something else, so I'm going ask it....

Could their be a set rule, as it is an unspoken rule already-like a handshake- that:

The first guy that post's I'LL TAKE IT under a sellers item in the PUBLIC THREAD in which all
can see
, IS the First one to take it. The seller would be under obligation to sell to him, the taker
would be under obligation to buy it for stating he would. All the viewers of the thread would know without
doubt who the luck SOB is getting the goods. i'm I right ?? In this process you would want to POST
That you want it First, as it would take precedence over any pm's going on behind closed doors.

What do you guys think. I always thought it was a given, but it seems there's some hang up's
here and there.
-M60_Gunner-

Post by -M60_Gunner- »

Karbinator wrote:I was certain this thread was about something else, so I'm going ask it....

Could their be a set rule, as it is an unspoken rule already-like a handshake- that:

The first guy that post's I'LL TAKE IT under a sellers item in the PUBLIC THREAD in which all
can see
, IS the First one to take it. The seller would be under obligation to sell to him, the taker
would be under obligation to buy it for stating he would. All the viewers of the thread would know without
doubt who the luck SOB is getting the goods. i'm I right ?? In this process you would want to POST
That you want it First, as it would take precedence over any pm's going on behind closed doors.

What do you guys think. I always thought it was a given, but it seems there's some hang up's
here and there.
I agree, especially after that MG34 multiple receiver mess of a thread. :dizzy:
haseo8up
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by haseo8up »

Sounds good to me Karb, I was under the impression that this is how it was to work.
salt6
General
General

Post by salt6 »

It's been my experence that the first email "wins".
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

John Newton (1725-1807)

George Orwell

salt6
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

My recent experience on "posting" under the man's ad that "I would take it" first.......I was not allowed to buy the MG34 Parts-Sets, etc.
Even after the man e-mailed (replied) to my e-mail that he wanted to confirm the sale.....I e-mailed back "Yes"....and still wasn't allowed to purchase it...........go figure. (?)

Regards, RichardS in MI.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

salt6 wrote:It's been my experence that the first email "wins".
But other than the seller, no one knows who emailed first.
i'm suggesting that the first one to Post below the ad stating they will take it..... gets it.
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

No this is a horrible idea. It goes by first email! I post many items on this forum, 1919a4, cetmerifles, and Sturmgewehr at the same time. I always say in my ad that the first email that says, "I will take it" gets it. The only way I can tell who posted first (Sturm does not even post most of the time) is to see who emailed me first. This site does not want to get into that kind of forum control. Number one, people like me will stop posting. Number 2, the Mods will then have to decide if someone is following those rules. I do feel that when you post a forsale ad, you need to be clear who gets the item. Even with clear cut methods, its pretty easy to screw it up.... as I did not to long ago.... selling ONE item to TWO people (PS, I am still working to make that one right... USPS lost my package that would have made everything better... I will keep trying).

Think of it this way... if someone is going to cheat on who gets it.... then you sure as Hell do not want to send him money!!!

Plus then you get the people that say "I will take it, for a cheaper price"... If I have something up for sale and you make an offer.... if we are in the middle of trying to work a deal and someone writes "I will take it" at the price in the ad.... THEY get it because in my ads, the first person to say "I will take it" gets it.

To me, posting on a forum means little, after all they may not come back... but they will probably answer their email.

Remember, we are not liberals... just because there is one problem... does not mean we need laws against it!
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

Karbinator wrote:
salt6 wrote:It's been my experence that the first email "wins".
But other than the seller, no one knows who emailed first.
i'm suggesting that the first one to Post below the ad stating they will take it..... gets it.
You know, I do not mean to start a flame or be rude but I remember when I first came to this board, YOU had a nice MG42 3 cut receiver that I was very interested in. I posted some questions because your ad was unclear (as did several other people). No reply... I think I even emailed you twice... no reply... then you suddenly come back with a "SPFs" and we were all a bit pissed. I think I even posted a rather angry reply in your ad and the mods deleted it. So I decided not to even look at your ads... and so I have not for a long time. Thats one less person who would buy your items but I did not go asking for a rule like this. I think its funny that now you are the one asking for a new rule!

This all being said, I have moved past whatever happened (as we never did find out) and have no hard feels towards Karbinator and am not suggesting that he is of bad character or that you should not buy anything from him. I believe he has run several ads since then with good results. I assume at this point, that it was just something odd that happened or whatever. What I am saying, is even if you feel someone did something wrong, they MAY not have or may have made a mistake..etc. However we do not need more rules... not when I had the problem with your ad or now...
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Seriously guys.... The burden of closing a transaction exists with the seller. The seller SHOULD announce when the FIRST offer reaches him, and reply to those who make later bids later. The seller should ANNOUNCE that he will ACCEPT the first bid at a STATED price, or take all bids and accept the highest one UP FRONT. Buyers have the burden of getting their bids in and STANDING BY THEM. You aren't lucky to be the first bidder, that's the way the cookie crumbles. I've missed MANY good deals because I was not fast enough. In a fixed price sale, if the seller gets a higher bid later than the first one that is ACCEPTED, he should have the moral spine to tell the second bidder that the item is SOLD. You people are adults. You should have the common sense to sell your items with the terms CLEARLY ANNOUNCED and not BS people and waffle on offers. We have one of the FINEST group of collectors here at this forum. We are gentlemen and we help each other out, all while enhancing our own collections. Let's KEEP THIS BOARD CIVILIZED. /RANT OFF
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

:***:
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

It's just a suggestion. ironic or not. I'm always learning.
It's just a suggestion. Sorry to those that got upset with me
in the past.

Imblitz.... thanks for not looking at my posts anymore rotflmbao
Kleist

Post by Kleist »

It would be nice if the first person that posted on the ad "I'll take it" gets it.

The first thing I thought of was if the seller posted on several boards but personaly I don't care about that.

Post it on one board at a time. If it doesn't sell on this board, then try it on another.

Relying on the seller seems shady to me. And this way there would be no question who is first in line.
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

Karbinator wrote: Imblitz.... thanks for not looking at my posts anymore rotflmbao
Well only for forsale posts back then... and I have to admit that I do look now days. Lets just say it was not a good intro but after a little while... you seem to be an ok guy... well maybe a little shifty ;) I am still mad about not getting that Angola 3 cut receiver. I think you had $250 or $300 on it at the time... that would be worth like $1000 now! Like I said I did not mean this as a flame but just to let you understand that this kind of thing happens from time to time.... does not mean we need more rules. I hate rules... esp dumb ones... like the 5 post thing to get on the forsale forum... ok ok I will shut up before I get banned. :roll:
Schnee

For Sale Forum Fiasco

Post by Schnee »

One of the main reasons I left this forum was because of issues with the way the for sale forum works. I decided to register again the other day and the first thing I saw for sale was the MG34 kits and tripod and other small parts for 1350.00 - I emailed this guy well before anybody else did through direct email and not the forum.

Never have I shared emails on a public forum but this one merits it.

In my opinion, when an ad is posted it should be locked. interested buyers can then PM the seller direct with questions etc...The seller can then update the post if it is sold or not. That would eliminate all the (Try a different word.) that seems to circle around the for sale forum.

Here are the emails...(start at the bottom)

Sorry Ryan,
Yes I found this out, and their are also 2 Pats and 2 Roberts..They are sold
"Thank God"
What a night mare....never again..thank you

>From: "Ryan Schnee" <reschnee@earthlink.net>
>Reply-To: reschnee@earthlink.net
>To: "william clinton" <bckeywest@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: mg34 parts on mg42 forum
>Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 19:53:51 -0500

Hello William,

If it makes things any easier for you I do not have a user name on the forum and the only name I use is Ryan Schnee....

Let me know if the parts are still for sale. I will buy them for your asking price plus shipping.

Regards,

Ryan Schnee

http://www.zwillingssockel.com
reschnee@earthlink.net

> > [Original Message]
> > From: william clinton <bckeywest@hotmail.com>
> > To: <reschnee@earthlink.net>
> > Date: 1/2/2007 11:14:26 AM
> > Subject: RE: mg34 parts on mg42 forum

Ryan I had you and Pat mixed up..I have email names, persons names, andforums names up the wazzo..please stand by ok

> > >From: Ryan Schnee <reschnee@earthlink.net>
> > >Reply-To: Ryan Schnee <reschnee@earthlink.net>
> > >To: william clinton <bckeywest@hotmail.com>
> > >Subject: RE: mg34 parts on mg42 forum
> > >Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 08:52:00 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

William,

The post says that the parts are "Sold Pending Funds". Also at the bottom in one of your follow up posts it says that:

'I will say the winner has the option to back out.
Ryan was the first he has first shot..ok lets calm down and try to be
humans.. man .."Happy New Year people...."

Let me know if I owe you some money or if you have sold to someone else?

Thanks,
Ryan Schnee

> > >-----Original Message-----
> > > >From: william clinton <bckeywest@hotmail.com>
> > > >Sent: Jan 2, 2007 2:18 AM
> > > >To: reschnee@earthlink.net
> > > >Subject: RE: mg34 parts on mg42 forum

Ryan I have had a "Huge amount of mails regarding as well as offers
above what was asked etc. I am trying to sift it all out..

> > > >>From: Ryan Schnee <reschnee@earthlink.net>
> > > >>Reply-To: Ryan Schnee <reschnee@earthlink.net>
> > > >>To: william clinton <bckeywest@hotmail.com>
> > > >>Subject: RE: mg34 parts on mg42 forum
> > > >>Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 23:01:41 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Hello William,

I just read all the post replies on the MG42 forum. Not sure what
number I am in line but I would like to buy it all. Just let me know! You can reach me on 937-654-1152 in the morning and all day tomorrow or
just email. I will reply to email tomorrow night, going to be driving all day...
All for now, Ryan Schnee

reschnee@earthlink.net

> > > >>-----Original Message-----
> > > >> >From: william clinton <bckeywest@hotmail.com>
> > > >> >Sent: Jan 1, 2007 6:57 PM
> > > >> >To: reschnee@earthlink.net
> > > >> >Subject: RE: mg34 parts on mg42 forum

Hi Ryan,
Well these were obtained as complete parts sets a long time ago and have
never been messed
with. I am very very sure that what I got in each kit will be with the set.
each little bag in photos
has all the associated parts including extra cams etc.
please check out the Gunbroker add which has just posted.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=63341449
PLEASE" if you want this and you want me to end my Gunbroker
listing let me know ASAP as I expect it to go pretty fast as you know it is
"WELLLL" below todays prices especially the receivers
You can more than likely make money on this one if you have the
time..I do not that is for sure, but my loss can really pay off for someone. I think, and i can say these kits alone will be this price for just one kit in the next year due to the imports bans now in effect.
These are the only photos sorry. I tried my best to get all in the
photos..
take care thank you.

> > > >> >>From: Ryan Schnee <reschnee@earthlink.net>
> > > >> >>Reply-To: Ryan Schnee <reschnee@earthlink.net>
> > > >> >>To: bckeywest@hotmail.com
> > > >> >>Subject: mg34 parts on mg42 forum
> > > >> >>Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 18:30:11 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Hello,
I am interested in the lot of parts you have for sale on the MG42 forum. Are the
parts kits complete? Barrels, bolts, and all the small parts?
Do you have more photos of the lot. I am about 99% sure I will
buy just want to know the finer details.

Thanks,
Ryan Schnee
reschnee@earthlink.net