Interesting Very interesting MG42 in airsoft

Saved for Reference.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Interesting Very interesting MG42 in airsoft

Post by 42rocker »

Good and Bad. Someone has used "Original" German parts and built an airsoft gun inside. Stated a 2-cut Original receiver was used to make this. Check it out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MG42-Orig-Germa ... 6016.l4276

Later 42rocker
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Interesting Very interesting MG42 in airsoft

Post by JBaum »

I would have to wonder what, if anything, was done to keep the receiver from being quickly converted to full auto. If the airsoft parts can be unbolted (the bolt rails are put in with screws), were the other necessary modifications done (grip slot, blocker) to keep this from being converted in a few minutes?

Looks beautiful, hopefully not too beautiful.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

That was one of my "Very Interesting" thoughts.

Later 42rocker
salt6
General
General

Post by salt6 »

Here's what I just asked him.
Did you re-wield the receiver? You do know that you are in possession of an un-registered machine gun if you didn't do the semi conversion to the receiver?
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

John Newton (1725-1807)

George Orwell

salt6
salt6
General
General

Post by salt6 »

And his reply
it's legal it has the right mods i built it and cut it exactly like the airsoft ones so i know they have batf approval you just cant put the full auto parts and go whats foolin you is the grip doesn't hook into the receiver it hooks into the gear box that opening goes just short of the ejector port but then it wouldn't be that hard to convert the air soft ones the are 1 to 1i can tell you this it's built better than any semi i have seen it has way better welds than any one i have ever seen and i seen alot built alot i polished it and blued it it looks alot better in person my camera is washed out drop it and it broke off the iris so the aperture is wide open all the time you cant tell where it was welded even the welded areas blued the same so thats getting pretty good not one bubble in the welds as you can see it took many a build i figuring out what not to do to get to this level i built over 40 of them this one the best so far last photo is of first airsoft ones i built horrifying now days also my neighbor is doj so he'll let me know if there coming for me
I have already come;

John Newton (1725-1807)

George Orwell

salt6
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

"""also my neighbor is doj so he'll let me know if there coming for me """ Does this statement cover the folks that he sells to also???

Buy Now ====>>>>>> Free Room and Board with every sale....

Hope that he has the needed blockers in. Still interesting and knowing that he is using German Receivers to build is interesting also.

Later 42rocker
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Who was it that was on this board a while back who never used punctuation and ran everything together like that?

Writing styles can be very personalized... I've seen that style before, once.

42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

That's interesting also..

I reviewed the photos and noted that the rails are not there. Still it's a reweld and if it does not have some style blocker in it then... Also has the opening for the gripstick been enlarged??

Still with the new posted price of the "mg42" being sold by wiselite at $4,299.99. I'm sure that's for a yugo front and a new US rear receiver. To buy the airsoft and then strip out the airsoft stuff and rebuild it into a working full German MG42, well. Something to think about.

What is a complete "German" MG42 semi auto worth these days?? $3,000 or $4,000 or more???

Later 42rocker
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Forgot to say that there are two different sets of pics in this auction. Don't know how that was done either but look at both sets.

Later 42rocker
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

42rocker,

If you want better photos of this......go over to Gun-Broker-Auction # - 458925168
Several photos and a buy-it-now price of $3,500.

Enjoy, RichardS
US Army, Retired
salt6
General
General

Post by salt6 »

Got a new message tonight.
why would one spend 3500 on a bb gun when they could buy a semi and convert it back to full way easier that my airsoft that has no top and a raised bottom that make it a lot of work compared to semi that already has the right headspacing thats way more of concern than my airsoft if im not mistaken i dont beleive there ever been a crime in the US wjhere a mg42 was used now maybe im wrong seems to me that being said,,,, think about this scary thing is all the 1 to 1 replica airsoft mg42 that have been sold in the US fyi the rec's are aluminum but i do beleive they will work for as short time before breaking up and a real concern would be if they reinforce it who to say they couldn't take over the world with airsoft guns its possible i would think that would of more concern than my airsoft gun i dont get it theres 1000's of them out there and semi auto ones that im sure somewhere someone is breaking the law converting them to fa but not here ive been doing this for years and never had an concern besides the airsoft is way more fun i can fire mine any time i want in the privacy of my own home with out any concern live firing one suck compared to my airsofr plus i can get 5000 round for $10 really chill there nothing for you to be concerned about it would be like trying to rob a bank with one of the cannons or the laser guns that i build i guess that just the american way some one being concerned about what someone may or may not be doing,,,,, is not really living in reality there are two things in reality theres what is and theres what isn't Abraham Lincoln once said you can't cant before and against the same thing at the same time it make no sense
I have already come;

John Newton (1725-1807)

George Orwell

salt6
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Apparently he discovered the comma key. Twice. Now if he would learn to use capitalization and a period at the end of a sentence, his message might be comprehendable.

oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Post by oakrodent »

I can see that strikes a nerve with one people, but you have to remember he bought the kit and can do with it as he wants. That is what make this country so great. I turned numerous very nice and rare kits into displays for people. Let me tell you; once I am finished they are only going to be a display forever. This is no different than taking a kit and building it just for blanks, some thing. On another note, this is just a crappy M53 kit, no more, no less. It is actually a really good idea. Airsoft is a really popular. Just my two cents
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
johnb593
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by johnb593 »

oakrodent wrote:I can see that strikes a nerve with one people, but you have to remember he bought the kit and can do with it as he wants. That is what make this country so great. I turned numerous very nice and rare kits into displays for people. Let me tell you; once I am finished they are only going to be a display forever. This is no different than taking a kit and building it just for blanks, some thing. On another note, this is just a crappy M53 kit, no more, no less. It is actually a really good idea. Airsoft is a really popular. Just my two cents
Agreed! Looks pretty good but I'll take my semi-auto gun over it any day. :D
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

.......kind of an "odd-starting-point" for the basis of an "airsoft" gun.....(?).

......and he is posting on our MG42-Board now. Believe that his handle is "greatguns" (?).

Regards, RichardS
US Army, Retired.
PS: I have also seen what looks like one of his recent buyers selling his "airsoft" purchase on GunBroker as a Parts-KIt (?).
TactAdv
Major
Major

Post by TactAdv »

More to the point, if you have any experience with welding and metallurgy, you will immediately discern that "welds" pictured are fake-

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/ ... .JPG?rt=nc

These are not true metal displacement welds, i.e., joining of two separated pieces by combining and fusing of the edge metal with a filler material. If you closely examine the parts pictured above, they are from the same receiver and receiver location, i.e, they are from the same sheet of original metal.......and you can clearly see the "weld" bead displayed there is not penetrating nor displacing, it is simply beaded, layered, on a line of the original sheet. There is more, but it is not relevant, and I am not going to give this guy any more credit publicly. This was a very common underground method used in the 80's to register "found" NFA items when it was thought ATF was examining such things. The trick was done in one of two ways- either you simply layer a bead right on top, or you made small through cuts with a fine saw, say 1 inch at a time, then beaded a line over the small cut, progressing all the way around/over/through so a full "cut" would appear to have been done. In reality, the amount of metal sawn through at any time was never enough to lose structural integrity or cause anything in a receiver to go out of alignment, so that you could "cut a receiver" without ever disassembling anything, and all stayed properly aligned/assembled the whole time.

Brownings, Vickers, Maxim's etc., that showed up in GrandPa's attic were the usual targets, and there were lots of them done by a few of the early 80's "Brand Name" guys you'd all recognize if you've been around a bit. TSMG's and other heavy receivers were also prime examples. I have seen many BMG's that are clearly sporting their original wartime production riveting job all the way around the receiver box, yet even an X-ray examination will just as clearly show the RHSP completely cut through and welded- it was/is a clever thing to have thought of. Point being it wasn't wholly kosher, and with the "bead on top" method was utterly bad news.

This eventually caused ATF to actually go and have certain guns forensically examined, usually by structural methods such as X-raying, or other penetrating examinations like MAGNA-FLUX, etc. Several well known cases popped with those guns being seized as contraband, though I am not aware of anyone, per se, getting dinged for the actual deed. That was when ATF was still under Treasury, and nowadays under DoJ, and especially with the current WH occupant, I'd suggest a MUCH heavier spanking would be applied.

Lastly, this guys' last picture certainly raises questions as to his "assembly line" mentality.......

-TomH
Vieles ist bekannt, dass ist nicht offenbart.
pitfighter
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by pitfighter »

Interesting information, TomH,

I am not an expert at all I thought the weld looked pretty good, he can certainly weld better than he can spell.

I buy a lot of these soft-air guns as back-ground props, drop-props, basically any scenario where we don't want to use a real firearm.
I have seen that there's a company making MG42's that are 100% replica and a lot cheaper, not sure if there is a market for the home-made M53 ones in the OP that are simply Yugo and still not original and at 5X the price.

Here is the Chinese one, good for deep back-ground, or over an extra's shoulder passing through frame.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371189844678?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
howiebearse
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Post by howiebearse »

there are allot of guys willing to risk it all to make a dummy, semi,or illegal full auto gun. I watch gun broker for the most part but have seen allot of guns cut with saw blades or cutoff wheel trying to save it after getting their hands on it. You risk a great deal more than you might guess when you buy a saw cut receiver or parts kit. the atfe has a problem with justifying their jobs and looks for every opportunity to enforce the laws as written.

It is a fact they will stop at nothing to make a case. You stand to loose allot if you get involved with illegal operations whether you know what you are doing or not. It will cost you all rights to own weapons forever. You will loose a ton of money trying to beat the funded government agency that will stop at nothing to prosecute you and any other person they can tie to you misfortune. The best way to preserve a found unpapered gun is to demil it as the law states then depending on value build a dummy or some other legal example to preserve it. If you think a call to atfe will answer any questions good luck!!! they do not have two agents that would give you the same answers or advise . For what they handle for the govt they have the worse web pages to ever try to find anything you actually need. They run what we all enjoy so its their game their rules so my advise is play by their rules and stay in the game.

Some reasons for not owning a illegal machine gun. Nothing but bad luck will follow you if you try and use it. the sound makes people dial 911, The people who get to see it cannot keep quiet about it, Someday someone will want to see the papers and tax stamp, To costly now to afford to shoot it if you are fortunate enough to find a legal place to shoot. Knob creek was way down on shooters this year ammo is not cheap Its now getting to be a wealthy mans only hobby. Just my observations I am content to make dummy guns and semi guns to preserve historical guns