42/53 Parts Kit

Saved for Reference.
jstrohm
Leutnant
Leutnant

42/53 Parts Kit

Post by jstrohm »

i have a 42/53 parts kit that i am thinking of selling and not sure what its worth. i have the barrel three torch cut frt sections, bolt, grip, main spring, butt stock, rails, recop, trunion and other small parts. do not have any rear sections to go with but is a complete kit other than that. may even consider trading for something i might build. ive already bilt two of these and dont plan on building another. i can get pics later but really just curios how much a kit is worth.
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Re: 42/53 Parts Kit

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Hey jstrohm, welcome back :D

For the benefit of potential buyers/traders are any of the front sections Mg42 or are they Yugo M53?
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
jstrohm
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by jstrohm »

they apear to be yugo
jstrohm
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by jstrohm »

here are some pics of what i have any and all opinions of what this kit is worth is appriciated.
Attachments
PC130790.JPG
PC130789.JPG
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Well I will throw in my two cents for consideration to potential buyers,

assuming all parts Yugo and not more expensive German WW2
--Centerfire has, No bipod, de-milled barrel, with beat-up buttstock kits at $249
--an 8mm barrel, even a blaster, will be $100-$150
--The shrouds are the short-cut style but will work fine with the BRP halves, by themselves are worth $50-$75 each
--bipod is $30
--Then there is shipping-not cheap likely 24 pounds + 2 extra shrouds = near 30 pounds + insurance = $40-$50 USPS

This is a good opportunity for someone that wants to get started, having an intact 8mm barrel is a nice treat these days.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 42rocker »

Numbers sound good, little high is you want to sell now. Should be able to get close to those numbers if you take your time selling. Knock 25% off and should be able to sell asap.

Later 42rocker
jstrohm
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by jstrohm »

Ok will sell for 800 shipped in the US or trade for 1919 kit. Thanks for the input on prices
jstrohm
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by jstrohm »

if anyone is interested and wnats to make a reasonable offer let me know.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

www.Prussia.us posted a set of numbers and when you take those numbers and add them up you get $519. then add a little more for extra set rails call it $550 shipped. I stated that if you wanted to sell it asap then take that number down 25% so that would be around $412.50. Might want to review things. I normally would not post this in a sell thread but you did start this thread by asking for what we thought it was worth and we stated and then you posted a price then asked for offers.

Later 42rocker
jstrohm
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by jstrohm »

ok i appriciate your two cents when u add it all up i come up with about 700 shipped i started a little high like i do with everything i sell, and everyone i know does the same so that u get closer to the number u want for it. i am selling everything in pic extra shrouds and rails. so i think u need to check your math dude. i am basing these numbers off of what was posted for a kit that i cant even find prices for, because nobody has them. if u price this out by parts based on rtg web site its even more expensive. if it sells it sells if not oh well. i cant even find anyone that has these kits for sale. but thanks for your oppinion anyway.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

As the Man said "times they are a changing" therefore an update. Kits are still out there but they just took a $250 price jump at cf. Therefore using the lower of the numbers from above I now get $769.00, using the higher numbers that www.Prussia.us worked up I get around $900.00 (throwing in some extra for rails, etc). That's with 2 extra shrouds, 1 is with the parts kit.
Therefore a newer thought since major price hike at cf would be using the top end around $900.00, lower this site member number around $770.00 shipped and a sell it right now number around 770.00 times 75% = 577.75. A range if you will.
They might go higher now. Several just sold on gunbroker with live barrels $600.00 to $800.00.

Later 42rocker
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

I don't know jstrohm this may be a good time to sell.

http://centerfiresystems.com/KIT-M53-1.aspx
centerfire kits w/ de-mill barrel, w/o bipod, chipped buttstock = $499, I nearly got whiplash as they were $249 for some time (6-7 months and before that $199).

That means your asking price my be right in the sweet spot.

pitfighter
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by pitfighter »

Yes - all MG-kits seem to be going up in price.
I might hang onto it for six months and watch it increase some more.

BTW - I bought my Yugo kit from Centerfire for $299 and it came with at least five waffen marked major parts.
I feel that to be INCREDIBLE value for money.
I wish I had interest in the ZB37 kits they have, with tripod for less than $500.

I have not paid less than a grand for any of the kits I bought recently - and I do NOT feel I am overpaying - these items are rapidly becoming a commodity.

Pit.
waffendude
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by waffendude »

pits right ---everything firearm related is going up, and i think it will for a while
the zb kits are a good deal imo,the barrel is the problem,a live barrel can fetch 3-4 hundred and that was before the buying flurry,I was told that Centerfire has very few of the zb kits left.
just my .02
waffen
scamg34
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by scamg34 »

42rocker wrote:http://www.Prussia.us posted a set of numbers and when you take those numbers and add them up you get $519. then add a little more for extra set rails call it $550 shipped. I stated that if you wanted to sell it asap then take that number down 25% so that would be around $412.50. Might want to review things. I normally would not post this in a sell thread but you did start this thread by asking for what we thought it was worth and we stated and then you posted a price then asked for offers.

Later 42rocker
I would agree with you rocker I dont see those pieces pulling more than 500,I have bought about 10 kits in the last few months,no one is touching the cam cut shrouds,so thats a hard sell,and I dont see anything special rails are worthless anyone building one will buy new ones for 35 a pair,he may be able to get a little more in a few months but if he wants to get rid of them your price would sell them ,no way will they get 800 dollars,dont want to burst anyones bubble ,but the shrouds kill the parts kits value
buckman

Post by buckman »

I would be interested in on of the shrouds I have a 42 front piece needing about 7"to repair in the middle of it. It was cut in front of the barrel door and behind the AA sight. Let me know if you would sell one.
Thanks