WTS:Midwest Metals Semi-auto MG13

Saved for Reference.
ickmann
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

WTS:Midwest Metals Semi-auto MG13

Post by ickmann »

Just don't have the time to get to the range anymore and have too many hobbies..plus three kids under 11. Well kept and very clean. In very nice condition with lots of German markings and a Portuguese crest on the top. Runs like a top with a very smooth, light trigger pull. Like shooting a .22, if you can believe it. Built by Midwest Metals, very high quality builder with a very good rep. Comes as shown with the addition of an 8 mag bandolier w/mags, two original mag boxes w/mags, spare firing pin, and repro german operators guide (translated into english). All dated 1938. Don't see too many of these around and is a great looking,functional piece of history. All BATF rules apply and must go to a FFL who can accept from a non-FFL holder. USPS money order or certified bank check from a well know, verifiable institution. No trades. Buyer pays shipping (USPS Priority/Insured) Will have to go out in a few boxes. Asking $5800 for the whole lot. Don't want to split the package up, so please don't ask. Additional info/pics upon request.

Thnx for looking
ick
ickmann@verizonDELETE.net
ickmann
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Re: WTS:Midwest Metals Semi-auto MG13

Post by ickmann »

Price reduced to $5000. Also includes a sustained fire kit. Thnx.

ick
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Post by oakrodent »

For those of you who don't know much about the MG-13, it is by far my favorite semi auto I have ever assembled. Very simple, very reliable, very smooth trigger pull. I buy all the parts kits I can find. I know everyone wants a MG-34, or MG-42, Why ? ? ? because it's the only two you ever see on Band of Brothers. I have found lots of photos of front line troops with the MG-13 mag pouches on their chest or in their hands, the MG-13 is easily mistaken as a MG-34 when it is on the ground. The front shrouds are identical. I would love to buy another one, but I only do parts kits.
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
dluch

Post by dluch »

How does the semi MG13 operate - is it striker release against firing pin, hammer driven, or some other (mg34'ish)method?
Thanks
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Post by oakrodent »

No, this is a hammer fired semi / full auto machine gun. Building one as a semi auto is quite simple. You have to remove the full auto stuff and do all the rest of the mods. These guns are very smooth running runs,
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
ickmann
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by ickmann »

So, does the economy really suck, or am i asking way too much? Or both? I know what I paid for the whole set up, but what would be a fair market price? I 'm not sure what Dennis charges for a build, but I think it's fair to say that with what a parts kit is worth..if you can find one, plus parts and labor that I'm pretty close in the ballpark.

Anyone care to comment? Enlighten me?

Thnx,
Ick
amafrank
Major
Major

Post by amafrank »

since you asked....
in my opinion you are asking quite a lot more than the market will handle. The guns are not very well known and while they have a truly high neatness ratio there is no demand. Because of this the prices will never be what the semi auto MG34 and 42 bring. The same can be said of a number of other rifles. Dennis has also done a Madsen LMG in semi I believe but they would be another tough sell on the secondary market. There must be a demand for a product in order to sell it. Look at the prices on other mag fed semi's like the DP at $2-3K, Brens at about the same......
I owned a full auto MG13 and really liked it. It was cool to shoot but it was long and heavy, hard to move around (compared to many other MG's of the type) and was fed by 25rd mags instead of belts. After a while the thing just got to be more trouble than it was worth and got sold.
If you really want to sell it split the parts and the gun apart and sell them separately. You'll probably get more for the parts that way and you can reduce the price on the gun to somewhere more in the saleable range.

Good luck
Frank
ickmann
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by ickmann »

Appreciate the comments. I do have someone who would give me a "fair market value" on her at this point, but I don't know if I'm ready to settle for much less than what I put out for it and the accessories. I'm in no rush to sell it so I guess it really does not matter if it goes or not. Was just curious to hear a few comments from the forum folks.
Thnx.
ick
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

That is an awesome, one of a kind gun. There is a niche for it. Someone will pay your asking price, eventually. You may have to dicker a bit, but it will sell. Just keep it up for sale, keep advertising it, eventually it will find a new home. I swear if I didnt just dump my meager life savings into an old corvette Id buy it from you.
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"