US M2, MG34 and M1A1 cut receivers now at APEX Gun Parts

Saved for Reference.
Sledge303

US M2, MG34 and M1A1 cut receivers now at APEX Gun Parts

Post by Sledge303 »

Since APEX has MG34 cut receivers I though this would be on interest.
Note that ALL the cut pieces are included.

M2HB WWII Production Cut Side Plate $35.00
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_in ... ts_id/1307
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_in ... ts_id/1307
M2HB WWII Production Cut Side Plate $35.00
Original WWII production M2HB torch cut right side. These are from an import years ago and were demilled to ATF specs. The cut side plates are from WWII produced US M2HB's. The manufacture markings are visable.
Sorry we can not hand select for manufacture.

German WWII MG34 Cut Receiver $75.00
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_in ... ts_id/1309
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_in ... ts_id/1309
German WWII MG34 Cut Receiver $75.00
Original German WWII MG34 torch cut receiver. These are from MG34 parts kits that were imported years ago. The receivers were torch cut to ATF specs. The do not include the cams as these were supplied with the parts kits.
Sorry, no hand select.

Thompson M1A1 .45 Cut Reciever USGI WWII $50.00
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_in ... ts_id/1308
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_in ... ts_id/1308
Thompson M1A1 .45 Cut Reciever USGI WWII $50.00
Original WWII production cut M1A1 reciever. These are from kits imported years ago and are cut to ATF specs. They are from US WWII production M1A1 Thompsons.
Sorry, no hand select.

I am a bit tardy getting these posted here.
I waited until I had the chance to handle these while helping sort the shipment. I could not resist and bought some of each!
The M2 plates are a very nice de-mil. Clean cuts, no heavy grind to remove the rivets and the plates appear to still be flat. All are nicely marked. I remember when these were imported as Jeff had the M2 kits.
I bought my MG34 parts kit from Jeff years ago. Now he finally has the receivers that came from those kits. These even have that important "pivot pin" for the barrel shroud. Usually that piece of the MG34 receiver is sold separately. I think these MG34 receivers may "revive" the interest in making a semi-auto thru the re-weld of the original sections.
The M1A1 receivers are another bit of interesting history. I never had one of those part sets. Those M1A1's are selling fast and APEX doesn't have many of them.

Regards,
Richard C. HamerEdit by ---bil M1A1 receivers no longer availlable-link above is inactive.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: US M2, MG34 and M1A1 cut receivers now at APEX Gun Parts

Post by Bil »

Thanks,Richard-the 34 receivers look good,especially with the front end!however,next time let me know a few days ahead of posting,the guys here tend to buy up all the good stuff! :lol: I hope Rocco hasn't seen this yet! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Sd.kfz.173
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Sd.kfz.173 »

Thanks for the link Richard, :thumbs: Just ordered one. I figure at less than 85 bucks with shipping ya can't go wrong ! :cheer: (Of course this means a whole new slew of bone head questions :shock: :oops: )

Bill :read:
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

To late bil already heard about them ordered 2 tommy receivers but as for the mg34 ones I have more than I need already

So have @ them my friend buy em up...lol
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Now if I could just get the ones that are being worked on back ... then I could have a workin 34 gun ... lol
And you as well :?
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

anyone get a 34 receiver? are they worth buying?
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Well I ordered 2 of the Tommy receivers I'll let ya know what they look like when they arrive I still have 4 more mg34 receivers than i have kits so I'm good with them ... :lol:
Sledge303

Post by Sledge303 »

I can't edit this advert so I will just post here to let everyone know that APEX is now "SOLD OUT" of the M1A1 cut receiver's. The link above now goes no where.

By the way, I have handled the cut M2 plates and the cut MG34 receivers.
I may be able to answer some questions about them.

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

Sledge303 wrote:I can't edit this advert so I will just post here to let everyone know that APEX is now "SOLD OUT" of the M1A1 cut receiver's. The link above now goes no where.

By the way, I have handled the cut M2 plates and the cut MG34 receivers.
I may be able to answer some questions about them.

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer
do the MG34 receivers look like they were torched with a jet engine? or are they pretty good?
Sledge303

Post by Sledge303 »

Ok, just so we are clear on my experience so far, the MG34 receivers are all sealed in individual bags.
All the pieces from each receiver were kept together, so no overlapping parts.
I have handled a lot of them so far, but, I have had none of them out of the bag.
I bought two receivers, came home and (litterally) dug out my MG34 part set from the bottom of my "pile".
The two bags of receiver's went into the box and the box is now back where it was.

I would say the cutting was typical of what I have seen on milled guns.
Some work is sloppier than others.
I suspect there was more than one torch operator at work that day.

Being that these DO HAVE that front section, these are a great deal!
I wish I could provide a better assessment...

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

I can tell ya that if the front section is there and you get an IMA receiver as well then between the 2 you will be able to weld up a workin receiver for the money you spend on the two you are leaps and bounds ahead of buying a TNW receiver and all the work you would need to finish it....get a Pirate weld jig and have @ it 8)
Sd.kfz.173
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Sd.kfz.173 »

UPS dropped of the receiver yesterday, and, just got a chance to take a good look at it. :cross: The cuts are what you would you would expect,quite a bit of slag and splatter. I think I can clean up the threaded areas :? .Front stud is attached and looks they took a little extra care in cutting so as to not destroy the cam area. :woot: Don't get me wrong,there is going to be a lot of work involved, but for the price I don't think I went wrong! :spin: I will try to post photos as as I can.

Bill :read:
mgfun
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by mgfun »

Sd.kfz.173,
Was the receiver cut up into the back of the top cover attachment area as the sample photo showed? Is the safety pin hole intact or obliterated? Are you now missing any of the holes in the fcg region?

Regards,
mgfun
mgfun
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Post by ChrisPCook »

Got mine tonight, they do look like a drunken monkey went at them with a torch.... after I clean them up and put them on a jig to see exactly what I need to do I'll have a better idea. I bought four 34 receivers, one has been torch cut through the threads in the back which is a PITA, the other three just have slag buildup. I'll post more later, and try to get some photos uploaded in the General discussion section. Chris...