MG34 semi-auto receivers by TNW $1695

Saved for Reference.
Weaponeer

MG34 semi-auto receivers by TNW $1695

Post by Weaponeer »

for those looking to build an MG34 semi-auto, you can now buy the MG34 semi-auto receiver (made by TNW) for $204 under retail (actually the price is under dealer cost)

Cost: $1695 + 25 Shipping

Buy Here
http://www.weaponeer.net/productcart/pc ... roduct=135

Information here
http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4897

Note: The receiver is an FFL item.
Blanksguy
General
General

Re: MG34 semi-auto receivers by TNW $1695

Post by Blanksguy »

I really do not like to have to ask this question (the question will be brought up later so I hope that I am saving you all of the additional e-mails by answering it here)........I saw a discussion earlier on our Board in the MG34 Section about a member receiving a TNW semi-auto receiver with "substandard" machining-marks ("chatter" from the broach).

Will these TNW receivers be checked prior to leaving the factory (?)....and will there be a money-back-guarantee if not machined correctly (?).

Note: This question is not meant to take away from your ad.....nor to say anything either way about "Weaponeer" nor TNW.....but as a general question about this product.......due the the earlier thread about this......and I hope that you can understand our questions.

Regards, RichardS in MI.
Weaponeer

Post by Weaponeer »

Blanksguy wrote:I really do not like to have to ask this question (the question will be brought up later so I hope that I am saving you all of the additional e-mails by answering it here)........I saw a discussion earlier on our Board in the MG34 Section about a member receiving a TNW semi-auto receiver with "substandard" machining-marks ("chatter" from the broach).

Will these TNW receivers be checked prior to leaving the factory (?)....and will there be a money-back-guarantee if not machined correctly (?).

Note: This question is not meant to take away from your ad.....nor to say anything either way about "Weaponeer" nor TNW.....but as a general question about this product.......due the the earlier thread about this......and I hope that you can understand our questions.

Regards, RichardS in MI.
Machining marks does not equal a substandard receiver. The machined finish on the TNW receiver is much the same as the machining and finish on the German MG34.

The receivers they sell for the receiver kits are the same receivers they use for the MG34 builds. They build a set number of receivers and when someone orders a rifle, they pull a receiver and turn it into a rifle, if they order a receiver kit they pull a receiver, and the other receiver parts and ship it out. It's not like they are building receivers and the "sub-standard" receivers are sold to kit builders.

The receiver kits do require fitting (as most people know all German weapons were hand fitted, including the MG42. There are some variation in the part tolerances from all the original sub-contractors, so fitting was always required).

The receiver also need deburring, and if you want a really nice outside finish for exceptional bluing, you will need to do some additional prep on that as well.

The below dealer cost on this buy is to sell 75% of them in bulk, the remaining receivers will mostly be used to build post sample, and semi auto's prior to the elections (with a few remaining for retail sales). As you know the election is not looking good for home builders, gun owners, or anything involving the second amendment. If a Dem gets into office we have a 95%+ chance of seeing HR1022 signed into law which makes it illegal to sell conversion kits, or home build items. Most people are not worried about a few machining marks (I don't know if they will have any or not), because a registered receiver (preban) will be very valuable, and a parts kit without a receiver will be nothing more than a high dollar parts collection sitting in a box if/when we get a chance to get rid of HR1022 in another decade (assuming its signed into law).

We started with 30 receiver kits, and we are now down to 23 receiver kits.
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

Weaponeer wrote:
Blanksguy wrote:I really do not like to have to ask this question (the question will be brought up later so I hope that I am saving you all of the additional e-mails by answering it here)........I saw a discussion earlier on our Board in the MG34 Section about a member receiving a TNW semi-auto receiver with "substandard" machining-marks ("chatter" from the broach).

Regards, RichardS in MI.
Machining marks does not equal a substandard receiver. The machined finish on the TNW receiver is much the same as the machining and finish on the German MG34.

The receivers they sell for the receiver kits are the same receivers they use for the MG34 builds. They build a set number of receivers and when someone orders a rifle, they pull a receiver and turn it into a rifle, if they order a receiver kit they pull a receiver, and the other receiver parts and ship it out. It's not like they are building receivers and the "sub-standard" receivers are sold to kit builders.

The receiver kits do require fitting (as most people know all German weapons were hand fitted, including the MG42. There are some variation in the part tolerances from all the original sub-contractors, so fitting was always required).

The receiver also need deburring, and if you want a really nice outside finish for exceptional bluing, you will need to do some additional prep on that as well.

The below dealer cost on this buy is to sell 75% of them in bulk, the remaining receivers will mostly be used to build post sample, and semi auto's prior to the elections (with a few remaining for retail sales). As you know the election is not looking good for home builders, gun owners, or anything involving the second amendment. If a Dem gets into office we have a 95%+ chance of seeing HR1022 signed into law which makes it illegal to sell conversion kits, or home build items. Most people are not worried about a few machining marks (I don't know if they will have any or not), because a registered receiver (preban) will be very valuable, and a parts kit without a receiver will be nothing more than a high dollar parts collection sitting in a box if/when we get a chance to get rid of HR1022 in another decade (assuming its signed into law).

We started with 30 receiver kits, and we are now down to 23 receiver kits.

Gary

You call this a quality receiver? This is the first receiver I got from TNW early this year. Come on!

Surely you or TNW would not send this junk out to your customers. Or maybe TNW would because they already did it to me once. This broach chatter isn't just something that needs a little fit and finish work.

http://www.panzer46.net/mg42board/viewt ... =17&t=4925

TC
Attachments
IMG_1198.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG
IMG_1197.JPG
Sharky

Post by Sharky »

Wow !!! I hope they made good on that one....

Sharky
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

The receiver tomcatshaas got was not substandard, it is crap. That should have been scrapped. I wonder about their quality control if they let that go through. I would get a week off work WITHOUT pay if I let something like that get out of my machining cell.
Sherman

Post by Sherman »

That price is $5.00 less than I paid for mine quite a few years ago, I got one of the first 25 or so they made. Yea, it was a little rough inside and out but it's a fine gun now. I'm sure that these will have the improved trigger pull, that upgrade is worth $280 alone. If I didn't have one, I'd sure jump on this deal, I don't think the price will ever get any better. And that one must have been run on a Monday after a 4 day weekend of drinking, sex, and general debauchery. No other way to 'splain that mess. Lon
biochembri
Unteroffizieranwärter
Unteroffizieranwärter

Post by biochembri »

Regarding the trigger modification, does anyone have further information about TNW offering a trigger mod. to improve the trigger pull?

Brian
m2ball

Post by m2ball »

I received the new trigger mod from TNW a few months ago, and it works great. It reduced the trigger pull in half. I'd say the pull is around 8-9 pounds.
Sledge303

Post by Sledge303 »

biochembri wrote:Regarding the trigger modification, does anyone have further information about TNW offering a trigger mod. to improve the trigger pull?

Brian
I bought the improved MG34 semi-auto Sear ring and sear assembly from TNW.
I just installed the parts last week. I had changed the contact angle of the sear and sear ring on the old parts/original design (so it didn't force the firing pin rearward while releasing the sear), so my trigger pull wasn't too bad to begin with.
That being said I must say I like the improved design and the way the sear ring now can't rotate. I can't comment on the function of the new parts yet. I discovered my barrel shroud was cracked (on the bottom) right in line with the machined cut-out for the bolt stop. Once that gets welded/repaired I can take this back to the range for a shooting session.
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

......and this brings us back to the answer that we are awaiting from "Weaponeer" if these semi-only receivers will have a return right if they have the "Chatter-Marks" as a member has provided photos of earlier..........or is this just a "clear-the-shelves" of left-over items (?).

It's just a question that would really be nice to have an answer before some members here on our Board would put that amount of funds towards one of these TNW-receivers.

With looking at those earlier photos.....what would Board-Members like to know prior to ordering through this Weaponeer-"Group-Buy" (?)

Regards, RichardS.
carlque
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by carlque »

I think TNW would stand by their receivers. WOULDN'T THEY???
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

carlque,
I would hope so.........."but"........."weaponeer" has not commented on this issue have they (?).

Nor have we heard from TNW (?)......possibly the owner of TNW could post a responce (?).

I might want to get in on something like this buy......but again.....would want to hear something about "returns-if-not-made-correctly".......and, if these are from the standard "runs" of receivers and not receivers with a blemish that TNW does not want to deal with (?).....or something that will required too much "hand-fitting" for them (?).

Regards, RichardS.
Sledge303

Post by Sledge303 »

Sledge303 wrote:
biochembri wrote:Regarding the trigger modification, does anyone have further information about TNW offering a trigger mod. to improve the trigger pull?

Brian
I bought the improved MG34 semi-auto Sear ring and sear assembly from TNW.
I just installed the parts last week. I had changed the contact angle of the sear and sear ring on the old parts/original design (so it didn't force the firing pin rearward while releasing the sear), so my trigger pull wasn't too bad to begin with.
That being said I must say I like the improved design and the way the sear ring now can't rotate. I can't comment on the function of the new parts yet. I discovered my barrel shroud was cracked (on the bottom) right in line with the machined cut-out for the bolt stop. Once that gets welded/repaired I can take this back to the range for a shooting session.

OK, good news, I received my barrel jacket back from the gent who welded up the stress crack. Now I have some grinding to do so the original shape is restored.

Bad news, my 1986 Blazer started running really badly (engine dies and comes back to life in a few seconds every so often). That problem has to be resolved before I can work on the MG34!