Mg42 receiver for sale

Got something to sell? Click Here. (A photo or a link is required!)
Forum rules
You MUST have five (5) posts elsewhere in the forums before posting here.

ALL POSTS MUST COMPLY WITH THESE RULES OR THEY WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING!

WE ARE NOT AN AUCTION SITE

F/S Posts must contain;

1) Your contact information .

2) A picture or a URL to a picture of the item for sale.

3) Or a link to who or where the item you saw for sale can be found. Links to auction sites are acceptable .

4) A fixed price (with or without shipping)(see 4a - 4c)
...a) stated in either ... gold,silver, U.S. paper currency, etc
...b) specific items your looking for in trade
...c) for cash+barter combos a fixed value for your F/S item is STILL REQUIRED.

If you find an item cheaper than a sellers stated price available somewhere else, PM or E-mail the seller. Give them the chance to evaluate adjusting their price, then if you still think the stated price is too high start a new thread in our deals section. Please do not hijack their ad ;)

Please remember...................

Let us know when all items are "SOLD" or "SOLD PENDING FUNDS". We will then move the thread to the Sold section when the sale is completed or after 90 days.
Trayce1911
Unteroffizieranwärter
Unteroffizieranwärter
Anti-spam: Mg42

Mg42 receiver for sale

Post by Trayce1911 »

Have a global machine receiver shell set for sale, wanting to get the second gen brp bolt fir my current build so will trade for one of those or $300
Trayce1911
Unteroffizieranwärter
Unteroffizieranwärter

Re: Mg42 receiver for sale

Post by Trayce1911 »

Still available
Attachments
20170504_103620.jpg
Flanker7227
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Flanker7227 »

I'm interested. What all needs done to it?
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Bump
With Question??

So how did this end up? Sold or ??

Later 42rocker
Breakout703
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Breakout703 »

I'm wondering too.
Still available?
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

The last time Trayce1911 was logged in here was Jul 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Don't hold your breath for answer. I would suggest sending him an email instead.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Breakout703
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Breakout703 »

I thought something looked familiar, I think I already bought these halves LOL. Do these look the same?
20180221_175957.jpg
So gunmfg on gunbroker has not responded to my message so I'm assuming there's no getting a refund. So FYI, beware of receiver parts that look like these. If you shroud has the cam section then you are probably ok except for a lot of welding and grinding on corner welds. If your shroud is cut like mine, right at the cam section, then these will NOT work. Not without some forging.
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

Breakout703,
Trayce1911s old ad of about a year ago showed a set of receiver halves from Global of that time period (or earlier).
I have posted four (4) of Global-Machine's receiver-halves photos from their GunBrokerAuction......and they appear a little different. Now I have no connection with Global.......and I don't know how long your MG42/M53 Barrel-Jacket-Section is in the area of the Cam-Section (possible post a clear photo of this area for us.) so possibly you have a section that is too short to use with anything available from anyone now (?).
Photos below:
Attachments
MG42-Global-Machine-Receiver-Halves.jpg
MG42-Global-Machine-Receiver-Halves-3.jpg
MG42-Global-Machine-Receiver-Halves-2.jpg
MG42-Global-Machine-Receiver-Halves-1.jpg
Breakout703
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Breakout703 »

So I took a second look and the new receiver halves have the same radius as the shroud. I was looking at the fitment between the cam section and the new receiver half. I looked at the fitment between the shroud and cam section and there is a gap on both the top and bottom (second pic). I couldn't tell that from internet pics. Also, I'm pretty sure there is plenty of metal on the fwd end of the new receiver pieces. So I retract all statements about incorrect radius. Just newbie panic. Here are some pics:
20180223_065619.jpg
20180223_065838.jpg
20180223_065747.jpg
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

If building a 42 was easy, everyone would do it. That's why the 42 builder smiles at people who "build" an AR15. It's because he knows that an AR isn't built, it's just assembled. There IS a difference.

BUILDING a 42 is an entirely different beast, requiring skills, not just a barrel wrench and buttstock tool.

Shooting a 42 that you build is like driving the car that you built. Shooting an AR you assembled is more like coasting down hill in your wagon that you only had to put wheels on. Quite a difference.

Your learning process has begun. The reward is far beyond what most "builders" experience.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

2nd what John said, Building something complex is a MUCH more rewarding experience
Breakout703
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Breakout703 »

I just want to reiterate that there is nothing wring with Global Machine & Tool receivers. The guys over there gave me a call personally to make sure everything was all good and they were really helpful and pleasant. They offered to refund my money and do anything they could to make it right. The issue was my stupidity and nothing else.
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

Yep......the only other item that Global-Machine could do to make these receiver-halves look more like the originals would be to make the "rail-rivet-indentations" on both sides.....and as they appear on the cut/DEMILed MG42 receiver in their photos from Global-Machine's Auctions (shown above).

Regards, RichardS
US Army, RET
Blanksguy2001@outlook.com
rodom
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by rodom »

I'm just curious as to if this receiver is still for sale? I'm in the market for one if someone has one.
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

JBaum wrote:If building a 42 was easy, everyone would do it. That's why the 42 builder smiles at people who "build" an AR15. It's because he knows that an AR isn't built, it's just assembled. There IS a difference.

BUILDING a 42 is an entirely different beast, requiring skills, not just a barrel wrench and buttstock tool.

Shooting a 42 that you build is like driving the car that you built. Shooting an AR you assembled is more like coasting down hill in your wagon that you only had to put wheels on. Quite a difference.

Your learning process has begun. The reward is far beyond what most "builders" experience.
That is well-stated and so true. Years ago at a gun show this blow hard was bragging up a storm because he built a G3, which granted required some skilled welding but he was doing so to deride a builder who built a semi-Mg34.

Once you weld that ductile iron then clear out any debris to finish the close tolerances of the Mg34 receiver, that is when you feel like you can walk across the rice paper without leaving a mark :lol:
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
Abominog
Major
Major

Post by Abominog »

The problem with the mg34 receiver is that you can’t use a dremel you have to learn to use a file. Patiently.
FNG