Spade Grips for the MG42 (not M53)

Got something to sell? Click Here. (A photo or a link is required!)
Forum rules
You MUST have five (5) posts elsewhere in the forums before posting here.

ALL POSTS MUST COMPLY WITH THESE RULES OR THEY WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING!

WE ARE NOT AN AUCTION SITE

F/S Posts must contain;

1) Your contact information .

2) A picture or a URL to a picture of the item for sale.

3) Or a link to who or where the item you saw for sale can be found. Links to auction sites are acceptable .

4) A fixed price (with or without shipping)(see 4a - 4c)
...a) stated in either ... gold,silver, U.S. paper currency, etc
...b) specific items your looking for in trade
...c) for cash+barter combos a fixed value for your F/S item is STILL REQUIRED.

If you find an item cheaper than a sellers stated price available somewhere else, PM or E-mail the seller. Give them the chance to evaluate adjusting their price, then if you still think the stated price is too high start a new thread in our deals section. Please do not hijack their ad ;)

Please remember...................

Let us know when all items are "SOLD" or "SOLD PENDING FUNDS". We will then move the thread to the Sold section when the sale is completed or after 90 days.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Spade Grips for the MG42 (not M53)

Post by JBaum »

My friend who is working on the spade grips has assured me that he would have some ready for me to take to Knob Creek to sell for him. Very well made (parkerized steel for the main parts, the trigger finger is shiny steel, the grips are plastic resin like the Browning spades have). These are extremely close to the German MG3 helicopter spade grips. They install by taking off the buttstock (not the buffer), and replacing it with the spades.

He has buttstock cups to make a total of 70. Once they're gone, he won't be making any more. These are being made with German cups, so they'll only fit a German buffer correctly.

I don't know how many sets I'll get to take to the Creek, so if you want a set, speak up. First come, first served.

$575.

Yeah, not cheap, but well made and where else can you get them?

Since it's a 15 meg file, I suggest you right click on the link and then click on SAVE AS to download the video, then watch it from your hard drive.

Video link: http://www.germanmanuals.com/images/MG4 ... _Grips.wmv
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
michaelkih
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Re: Spade Grips for the MG42 (not M53)

Post by michaelkih »

I want one
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Lots of people want - are you saying you want to buy a set?

If you're going to Knob Creek, I'll have a few sets with me there. If not, I can give you the manufacturer's information.

JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

I will have a few sets of spade grips at Knob Creek, table C17. $575 cash. I can accept credit cards, add 3% ($17.25) for a total of $592.75. Expensive, yes. Cool? Absolutely. Stop by if you want to look (that is still free). :)

JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

MG42_Spade_Grips_2.jpg
MG42_Spade_Grips_1.jpg

www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Jbaum your friend may want to consider trying a licensing deal (making an m53 prototype) with WLA or BRP Guns for the thousands of potential customers living in Blue State Hell (aka those living under retarded "assault weapon bans" in the Northeast).

It may not make him rich, but could bring some extra cash, they look like they are very nicely made.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Licensing for spade grips? I can only imagine someone buying one set then making duplicates, but I still don't know where they would get the cups. Defending his design in court would cost more money for the attorney than he could possibly make selling them, and the design is similar to the German MG3 helicopter spade grips.

Right now he's figuring that he can make 70 sets, because buying the cups separately is nearly impossible, and he has only 70 cups he's accumulated in the past several years. They aren't available for sale separately, and the few that are around have stocks with them. Even a junker stock sells for $100 and up, so spending that much just for the cup would jack the price even higher. He doesn't want to do that, he'll just move on when the parts are gone.

Another part of the problem is the differences in receivers. Making a set for the MG42 won't fit a semi Wiselite with the longer receiver, nor will the German cups fit a Yugo M53 since the buffer threads are different. With only 70 German cups, only 70 sets of spades are being made. He expects to sell what he has, but won't be able to make any more.

I have to agree with his assessment about that.

1919 spade grips that I've seen are $360, and there seems to be no limit or difficulty in obtaining/making the necessary parts to produce them. It's not unrealistic to see a decent MG42 stock sell for $200, but he only needs the cup. His selling price isn't as excessive as it seems when taking that into consideration. 70 sets, nobody else is making them, and the operation and finish are excellent. If I gathered up that many cups, did the design and work, did the nice welding job and parkerized finish, and bought the plastic grips, I'd think it was fair, just not something for everybody.

When an MG42 is priced at $40,000, $575 for spade grips doesn't seem out of line.

I got mine and really like them. They work great from the AA tripod.

flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Saw these at the creek. They are very well made. Im gonna suggest a set to my but with a leopard tank, Break.

John sorry I couldnt stop down and say by. I didnt make it out sunday as I came down with the illness going around. I was hating life man lol.
magnet69
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Post by magnet69 »

I missed the Creek but would like to buy one if still available. It'll make definitely more fun shooting off the MG3 AA tripod. I have setup for my 1919a4 just like it.
FullSizeRender.jpg
As my Uncle Fritz said: "Wenn ich rauche, ich sterbe. Wenn ich rauche nicht, ich sterbe. So ich rauche." In other words, Life's short, Just do it!
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

To buy a set, contact Charlie Jones at Taurus3L6@yahoo.com

Great guy, and a master at machine work and fixing guns. He's in Avon, OH.

It's a much better experience shooting the 42 on the AA tripod with the spades.

magnet69
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Post by magnet69 »

Thanks John, email sent.
As my Uncle Fritz said: "Wenn ich rauche, ich sterbe. Wenn ich rauche nicht, ich sterbe. So ich rauche." In other words, Life's short, Just do it!
magnet69
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Post by magnet69 »

Got a sets of grips thru jbaum and have worked great. 3 sandbags on front leg of MG3 AA tripod and very little movement. Easy to shoot and even easier for others to use who never shot a MG42.
Here's a video link. http://youtu.be/9zNeUL9JgzI
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Bump for a good product. Good Folks also.
I have a set. They are Great.

Later 42rocker
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

If anyone thinks the spade grips are too expensive, here's a link to an ebay ad where a set sold for $801.

Charlie Jones and I sell MG42 spade grips for $475 + $18 shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Doorgunner-Gri ... 663.l10137