George Orwell

salt6
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Something to Think About

Post by 42rocker »

The video that was on the above post went someplace. I'm posting it again. It's Interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ut6yPrObw

I must say that I find the video very interesting. Lots of folks say No Way, Well I grew up in the northern part of Alabama. Lived in that area from about 1955 to 1962. Still as a young child I remember a few interesting things about that area. For a reference point the area that the movie Walking Tall, old version, Tenn. was about was about 30 miles north of us.
But back to the video point. Ballet boxes. Well I still remember going to go vote with my mother. Outside of the voting area I saw the Sheriff with his wife and men outside with saw horse tables just filled with the sheriff's wife's famous deep fried chicken and all the watermelon that you could eat. Remember if you needed help with those new voting machines one of the sheriff's men was there to go in with you and help you cast your votes. Well I went in with my mother to watch her vote. You stepped up to the machine, pulled the lever and the curtain followed the track and went around you. You then flipped the little levers to vote the way you wanted to. Then you pulled the big lever again and it recorded your vote and the curtain went back. Well think about these large metal machines and how big they were. Big machines, real big. But light. They must have been real light because as the machines were driving either near the Tenn river or going on one of the bridges going over the Tenn River the drivers must have hit a bump in the road and some of the machines (could have have the wrong totals anyway) flew up (remember, they were light) and landed in the river. They were not found for months. After everything was set in place that is. They said that the votes were not right because they had been in the river and such.
Said I'm over limit on characters so I'll follow with part 2
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Part 2
Folks there is a reason for checks and balances and a real reason to be ready if needed. Also remember to VOTE. I have be told by too many folks that they were not going to vote as everything was fixed anyway. Well this video shows folks fighting to have their votes correctly counted. So if you can help out at the voting places Please do and also vote. Not like were I was born, Chicago were the statement vote early and vote several times and make sure that your dead aunt votes several times also. Of course now I'm in Fla where the term hanging chad was born.

THANKS for posting this video and it's something that we should remember also something that those in office should think about.

Later 42rocker
Gulfstream4
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by Gulfstream4 »

Thanks Salt for posting this video. One more reason the constitution works if we follow it.
trinnodak

Post by trinnodak »

You can bet today's school kids won't be seeing that. (Unless we show them).