I got my MG42 built and test fired

Post your pics and vids here.
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

I got my MG42 built and test fired

Post by hakentt »

I got my ww2 german parts kit put together finaly, using BRP semi auto parts. Thanks to this forum it helped me a lot with information. First I did not know what exacly I need to mod on the receiver and how the SA parts should fit so I asked a member here rocco1911 he offered to help me sense he lives very close to me but when the time came for him to at least tell me what needs to be done he ignored me, maybe he just like to talk big and promise things that he actualy will not do so nevermind there. I had to rely on my german genetics and traditional self sufficiency, I let my german common sense kick in and I managed to figure it out by my self, and I am glad that I managed to get it right the first time.
I went to desert to try it and to my suprise it never jammed with romanian ammo, it works fine. But with old czech brass cased ammo it did not do well, the case kept rupturing where the bolt head meets the barrel, so I guess this ammo is only for bolt action rifle then. One problem that I found after cleaning the gun is the firing pin got mushroomed where the hammer strikes it, I was told the hammer is not correctly positioned so I will have to fix that but so far so good.

here are the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt6LyZxkMco[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8LOpZd15-E[/video]
Last edited by salt6 on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added videos.
railsplitter

Re: I got my MG42 built and test fired

Post by railsplitter »

Looks to be running just fine :bnija:
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

Congratulations. It looks to be running great. The best part is, you have a German parts gun and not a Yugo M53 like myself.

Enjoy it and try not to shoot all your ammo!

-12th
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

It is true, german parts have more value, but truth is Yugo parts have better quality finish. My ww2 german kit was all beat up and the welds were just nasty, it looked like late ww2 production where quality was poor.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Glad to see you got it running,thanks for the video.I think Rocco was very busy with work,as he has been very helpful here and on other boards,but is sometime unavaillable due to the nature of his job.Glad it came out so nice! :D I also have noticed a diferance in the late-war 42s,but they also were in more of a rush than the Yugos were at the time! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Nice build, thanks for the videos; looks like another 42 lives :D
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

hakentt wrote:I got my ww2 german parts kit put together finaly, using BRP semi auto parts. Thanks to this forum it helped me a lot with information. First I did not know what exacly I need to mod on the receiver and how the SA parts should fit so I asked a member here rocco1911 he offered to help me sense he lives very close to me but when the time came for him to at least tell me what needs to be done he ignored me, maybe he just like to talk big and promise things that he actualy will not do so nevermind there. I had to rely on my german genetics and traditional self sufficiency, I let my german common sense kick in and I managed to figure it out by my self, and I am glad that I managed to get it right the first time.
I went to desert to try it and to my suprise it never jammed with romanian ammo, it works fine. But with old czech brass cased ammo it did not do well, the case kept rupturing where the bolt head meets the barrel, so I guess this ammo is only for bolt action rifle then. One problem that I found after cleaning the gun is the firing pin got mushroomed where the hammer strikes it, I was told the hammer is not correctly positioned so I will have to fix that but so far so good.

here are the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt6LyZxkMco[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8LOpZd15-E[/video]

You sir need to remember to take your medication I save all my e-mails & would gladly post them here Or is it possible your helmet is just a bit to tight :lol:
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

Congratz on putting a 42 back together!

...as for Rocco...he definitly walks the walk...just check out his posts on the board here...he really provides alot of input and helpful advice.

He has given me tons of advice and took the time to answer alot of 'dumb' questions I was too embarassed to ask the board!
Britcopinaz

Post by Britcopinaz »

Nice Build :photos:

as for Rocco.....he was 1600 miles away helping another guy put his 42 together. so he may have been a little busy over the last few days
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Thats OK Britcop no need to explain & I dought he will respond to my comments for fear that everyone here would find out hes a bit out there just look @ his gun safety/handling practices... :shock:

If I posted all the corrospondence e-mails between him & I you would all see... bil has seen them already & trust me there was never a point that I denied assistance to him... Some people just love to stir the pot...
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

Rocco...you have established yourself more then enough to the rest of us...none of us blinked when it was written you were possibly all talk...
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

noonxnoon wrote:Rocco...you have established yourself more then enough to the rest of us...none of us blinked when it was written you were possibly all talk...
This is what I wrote:
Ok so you can't help me out with anything? You keep ignoring my requests so I will take that as you don't want to help for what ever reason.
This is Rocco's response to me:
Are you f***** nuts or something why don't you read through all the attached e-mail correspondence & tell me were I said I was unwilling to help you ??? Look have a nice life & good luck with your project I hope you get it together & working

I asked him to see the parts I got from BRP sense he has more experiense, I asked him to see his SA to got an idea how the parts whould look. Both requests were ignored, he was just answering some other non related things with big bold letters. Anyway he does not sound civil to me. It appears also to me that he does not even have a full running SA MG42, I believe he is just big talk guy, just feeding his own ego.
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

rocco1911 wrote:Thats OK Britcop no need to explain & I dought he will respond to my comments for fear that everyone here would find out hes a bit out there just look @ his gun safety/handling practices... :shock:

If I posted all the corrospondence e-mails between him & I you would all see... bil has seen them already & trust me there was never a point that I denied assistance to him... Some people just love to stir the pot...
I don't believe that you even have working MG42, lets see some videos. As you see I did not need your help, It just bothers me that some people are total fraud and fake.
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

Hakentt,

I'm just a person on the sidelines in all your dealings with Rocco...but hey, sometimes people work on different schedules and things come up and well...some people take it personal, etc.

Not saying you are any of that...but I personally know Rocco has accomplished alot and have seen direct evidence of it...plus he has dispensed tons of information to me that was spot on and alot that was beyond my skill level!

So no doubts about his skills or experience...and he definitly doesn't need me to speak on his behalf...but he helped me out alot...so figured I'd share my experience in dealing with him.

It appears you guys just were working on different schedules and it didn't work out. I wouldn't take it personal.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Personal attacks will not be tolerated on this board.There will be no more on this,I will leave it to the members to decide how useful or fraudulent Rocco is. The record speaks for itself.The end ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

Not to take sides or anything, but i get a little chuckle from the thought of how karma actually does come back to you.

Maybe I'm a little twisted, but I remember the AZ crew rollin in here like gang busters full of piss and vinegar all upset that they weren't getting as much help from the forum as they wanted/needed. To see how things have matured since then, with Rocco becoming an "old timer" and newer or less established members now complaining he is not giving them the free help their entitled to get is both very funny to me and just as sad now as it was then.
Do you think there will be a third cycle with future members upset at newer guys like Michael J ?

Is it because the forum tries to give so much by way of the stickies, tutorials, and advice from combine experience of the members that people get so much help/info free and easy that they come to feel their owed more ?
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

drooling idiot wrote:Not to take sides or anything, but i get a little chuckle from the thought of how karma actually does come back to you.

Maybe I'm a little twisted, but I remember the AZ crew rollin in here like gang busters full of piss and vinegar all upset that they weren't getting as much help from the forum as they wanted/needed. To see how

they come to feel their owed more ?
I did not ask for anybodys help on this forum, go search my posts and you will see. Rocco offered to help me with this because he only lives 2 miles away from me, and he bragged how he builds these every day, he said he has a nice rivet gun he will help me with the rivets, why say that you will help when in fact you don't want to.
So as you see I built it my self without any problems, and I am glad to be self efficient, next time I will refuse any sort of help, I got to do it my self, individualism and self reliance is the best thing that can happen to german man.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Bil wrote:Glad to see you got it running,thanks for the video.I think Rocco was very busy with work,as he has been very helpful here and on other boards,but is sometime unavaillable due to the nature of his job.Glad it came out so nice! :D I also have noticed a diferance in the late-war 42s,but they also were in more of a rush than the Yugos were at the time! ---bil
I have an early 1943 MG-42 and some very late war spare parts. The difference on the finish is astounding. Grind marks and rough sanding are evident on late war parts. Early war parts are finished with lots more care.

As for rocco1911 and hakentt, it appears to me as an outsider that both of you used inflammatory wording to each other when you probably shouldn't. You both are probably really cool guys, but you really need to be less reactionary and give each other the benefit of the doubt before you reach for the flamethrowers. Rocco, calling him "F**ckin nuts" right off the bat didn't exactly blow his skirt up. (SHUT UP, bil! :mrgreen: ) And hakentt, making a point that your German-ness is the main reason you can do anything makes you sound haughty and proud, not just CONFIDENT... wars have been started that way, at least two big ones that we know of. Before you two start any more rants, I suggest you forget the past and actually MEET one another and work on something together. Heck, go to the range or something. You live so close that you have no excuses not to. Go blow some (Try a different word.) up or something. It works for me...
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

uh oh, i read my name, don't drag me into this mess :lol:!

I got to say as a 3rd person looking in, Rocco has been an asset to this community with information. No doubt he is busy, i think he just flew out to a build party not too long ago to help out some guys. Sometimes schedules, as said by others, just do not want to cooperate well. I know there are times it seems like this chick is just plain out avoiding me, schedules not mixing right my butt... :lol:

There are numerous pics of his builds on this forum if you require proof. Maybe DA is right, go out and stir up some trouble in the neighborhood, could do ya both some good :D .
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

Good point Drooling...I got a HUGE complaint about MikeJ and I am going to air the dirty laundry...

I just let him know I will be up in Winnipeg next month...and get this...he has the nerve to tell me he lives over 1500 miles from that location!!!!

Can you belive this guy???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I am going to be so bored in Winnipeg :(

but on a serious note...DA or Bil...can you weld this thread shut???

Everyone has spoke their peace!