Need some pictures of original WWII MG42 buttstocks

Post your pics and vids here.
rocco1911

Re: Need some pictures of original WWII MG42 buttstocks

Post by rocco1911 »

jens wrote:the number on the reciever and fabric are scrubbed out :( , I'm not shure if its the original number because there is an BH marking ( bundeswher) next to it. All the parts have german markings exept the barrel, buttstock, and the tray. ( tray can fire 8MM and .308 and is an MG1 tray i think beause he doesn't have the hooks ) Lots of BPR markings too.. and waffenambts...
http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn41 ... G_0028.jpg
Mine has a faint letter marking under the numbers just like yours I have not re-welded it yet its on the list of things to do I have a date marked & arz waffen marked one to do first I have a BPR marked gun as well with AA sites on it

Its the one on the left you can barly make out the BPR mark right in front of the rear site in the pic I will post a pic of my number only marked receiver & the Date & arz marked one as well for you to see I just need to take a pic & down load it :D
Attachments
S7300092.JPG
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Jens wrote: "If i may ask...why do you want to trade a wooden stock for a post war bakelite stock?"

Because the bakelite stock is worth over $25,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cross: :cross: :cross: :cross: :cross:

Seriously, Jens --
Rocco is not trying to cheat you -- he's trying to do you a favor. Some of us, myself included, actually like the bakelite stocks. That's why I have one of each -- wooden and bakelite -- for the MG2/42 that I'm building.

Good luck on your project, and welcome to the MG42.US forums! :welcome:

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

I would also like to get my hands on a set of Green furniture If I can :lol: :lol:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Gdmoore, he said the bakelite stock was postwar, so it's not made of gold, though it is less common. I understand why he wants wood. It looks nicer to me than bakelite. Wood stocks in FINE condition are fairly rare now. I think the value of each is within range of arranging a fair trade.

I bid 30,000 Quatlus ! :mrgreen:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Here is a full size picture of the stock in question if your interested....
Attachments
S7300075.JPG
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I have sent 'stuff' of about the same weight over there it isn;t bad,and all that would be spent is the shipping,not the buying also! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Yea I would like to know about what it would cost & if hes interested as it would complete the 4th one & then I could sleep @ night knowing I have another variation completed...... Its an obsession I know :?
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I bet you can't get a good nights sleep unless one of them is under the bed! :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
jens

Post by jens »

rocco ,

i did a ruff calulation on the UPS and fedex site... ( i'm at my work now so i dont have the stock with me... )

box 15cm x 15xm x 6cm ?
weight 1 kg ?
delivery with signature...,
machine part
183 -190 Dollars, ( depends on the shipping days...)

so what do you think ?
costs a lot .... maybe if i can get the weight right and dimensions price would be a bit better ?
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

WOW :shock: is that $190.00 US Dollars :shock: I will check with the Post office & see what they say Holy Crap thats expensive :?
jens

Post by jens »

i'm going to recalculate... with the right dimensions and weight.
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Yes check again as I believe its a whole lot less for me to ship mine to you :?

But if your willing I'm still interested in the Trade

And if anyone has a Green one they want to part with PM me : :mrgreen:
SCHNELLSPRITZE

Post by SCHNELLSPRITZE »

Heres a picture of my WW2 mg42 bakelite butt. it has a tiny waffenampt WAa11 the same waffenampt as the weapons maker (Maget) it may have always been with the gun,or just a lucky coinsidence.
Attachments
42baklite.jpg
mg42rip

Post by mg42rip »

I collect ww2 stocks thats a hard one to get. I have only seen about 8 of them, talked 2 of them out of owners hands and the other are on transferables and I'm working on another. I'm going to put my 1 cent coment in on the shipping. I buy 42 parts from all over the world. The most I have ever paid for shipping is around 40.00.
David

Post by David »

Are there different shade of bakelite stocks? Mine is WAa11 marked and dark black.

mg42rip

Post by mg42rip »

The ones I have seen have varied alot. I think it may be the amount of mixtures added to make the bakelite. I believe it is wood and plastic and I would think it could vary in color a good bit plus bakelite will pick up oil and grime over time.
geladen

Post by geladen »

hey david, i love what you've done with the place!
David

Post by David »

I figure when the zombies come or it all goes down hill, the real wood furniture will burn better than the new stuff.
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

Jens, box it up and go to the post office and get an actual price. I bet it is not even close to $180. The items (stuff sounds a bit iffy) I have sent to the US have been about $40 region for similar weight items.
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Ready for anything.... even the paperboy.
Attachments
Ready for Anything.jpg
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury