MG42 test fire video

Post your pics and vids here.
pdstout

MG42 test fire video

Post by pdstout »

Guys, here is one of my new toys. She loves to EAT!
http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc12 ... I_0062.flv
P. Stout
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: MG42 test fire video

Post by Bil »

Very nice-I love it!!The price of ammo has come down a lot-compared to gasoline it is cheap! :D Question-what is being 'poked'on top when the gun stops-is the belt acting up? Thanks for the video. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
pdstout

Post by pdstout »

The cocking handle was broken, and would not unlock from the ratchetplate. I fixed it as soon as I got back to the shop. Now it is good as new.
Thanks, Pete
c310pilot
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by c310pilot »

Sweet. only if..... My sa will get its first rounds through it today. Hopefully everyhting works! Now to find some cheep ammo.
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

That is nice Pete. Just for curiosity how is the accuracy in that rig? Looks like a solid platform.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
pdstout

Post by pdstout »

We were shooting at a police target. You could cover all of the hits with a plate. We were about 50 yards away.
Pete
sdk1968
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by sdk1968 »

nice but wht kind of rig is that with the relocated trigger??

is that one of those commiefornia type deals??
say what you mean & mean what you say
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

That is the original German type lafette set-up.The trigger is still in the grip as usual,but is activated by a squeeze type lever located on the lafette,and operated by rods and levers.When the gun is dismounted,it is fired normally.This is a very nice setup that includes many adjustments for sustained fire,not at all like the later lafettes,they are more of a firing platform or stand. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Oberst von Luck

Post by Oberst von Luck »

:cheer: :shock: :D