TOBRUK MOUNTS FOR THE 34/42 FROM THE CHANNEL ISLANDS.

Post your pics and vids here.
Damien Horn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

TOBRUK MOUNTS FOR THE 34/42 FROM THE CHANNEL ISLANDS.

Post by Damien Horn »

jUST THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO SEE A COUPLE OF ORIGINAL TOBRUK MOUNTS WHICH WERE ONCE IN POSITION AROUND THE COAST OF THE ISLAND (JERSEY) WHERE I LIVE. YOU DON'T SEE THESE TOO OFTEN. THE SHIELDS ARE DEAD RIGHT...I TOOK BOTH MOUNTS FROM THE GERMAN TUNNELS WHERE TONS OF KIT WAS ENTOMBED AT THE END OF THE WAR. THEY HAVE BEEN REPAINTED BUT IT HAD TO BE DONE.
CHEERS,
DAMIEN.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

sweet :shock: , they let you just walk into these old bunkers and take stuff :?:
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Jason

Post by Jason »

Nice pics.

I assume that the first 2 mounts must have set in a circular bunker or something so they could rotate? and also the front of the mount is round. Is that for the mg34? thanks
Damien Horn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Tobruck mounts

Post by Damien Horn »

Hi,
Yes, I managed to acquire the keys many years ago and drive in with my Kombi and load up a few times with whatever looked salvagable.
As to Jasons quetion for the 2nd mount yes 34's were used on it. Hopefully I will be able to find a picture on file for you to see at the end of this (poor pic if I have it). If not I will take some shortly and post them on here for all to see.
D.
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

That's outstanding...definatly one of the things you don't get to see often...the Gemans had so many mounts...it's crazy. Nice pics.
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.