Check out this 42 guy

Post your pics and vids here.
stifeout
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Check out this 42 guy

Post by stifeout »

Last edited by salt6 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Video
Gulfstream4
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Check out this 42 guy

Post by Gulfstream4 »

Just look at the way he is crotched over. I hope no one was injured. This could have been a very bad outcome.
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

Thats funny.
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
rgus48
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by rgus48 »

That brings back some bad memories. I had tables 4 and 5 at Knob Creek from the begining to April 89. On that date two tables down from me a father let his son fire an MG42 that was on it's bipod setting on the shooting table provided. He was not watching and the same thing happened. It pushed the boy backwards and he fell over, he held on to the trigger the whole way down and ran it right up and through the roof. Lucklly it ran out of ammo before it fell over to the side and killed someone on the firing line. Keep in mine there were spectaters 3 or 4 deep behind the firing line when this happaned. I had my 9 year old son with me and it scared me so bad I packed up, gave away my tables and have never been back.
43 M3A1, 42 CCKW 129,XXX, 43 GPW 146954, 43 WC54 81635383, 43 WC54 81665843, 45 WC52 818682 "MO', 43 WC63 82009972 "BIG MO", 44 GTBA NAVY CARGO 218299, 43 PE95, 44 Checker K52 Trailer,42 MBT 375, 44 Coverto Trailer 886475
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by mp44dude »

We can all laugh, be shocked, or freak out but this just reinforces the basic firearms principle of 1.) Respecting the weapon and 2.). Ensuring proper training prior to utilization.

We can be our own worst enemies at times.
stifeout
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by stifeout »

Most definitely could have been disastrous. I gave the guy a pretty good in service on it..... Not good enough though. He was in a pretty good position, and leaning into it pretty well. He said his left leg buckled somehow.
But just to be sure I only loaded 15 rds into the belt. Fortunately no one was hurt, just his ego!
cptdarling506

Post by cptdarling506 »

As an observer of this it is obvious that the shooter tried to move away from the recoil and blast,he stood up,
stumbled backwards while still clenching the trigger group.Does that 42 have a heavy trigger pull,like as in more than 14 pounds?I've seen this type of reaction with new shooters who flinch really,really bad to even 22LR,its a balance/weight reaction with a classic walking backwards with each shot.
The use of a chair or something to sit on would stop this or better,lie on the ground.
If you are introducing a newshooter to a MG,just have 1 round in the link for a test shot,if they dont freak out,
a 5 round burst next,then if they will pay for the ammo,a full belt!
Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Der Alder »

I would have been pissed if someone I trusted shot one of my firearms and showed that much lack of control, then thought it was funny....luckily no one was killed. I mean it seems funny at first glance and all, but this is how people get killed and it gives full auto shoots a black eye in the public and at ranges. I would not want to be any where near these clowns. BTW a ground tripod should be used for new/novice shooters with an assistant gunner ready to twist the belt if it runs away.
cptdarling506

Post by cptdarling506 »

I also wonder how funny it would have been if the rounds fired had hit the 34 on the table or the other items on the table.just lucky the weight of the 42 prevented a wider spray...
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by mp44dude »

What range was this at? In south florida?
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by mp44dude »

CPT D, it is the owners that would lose on your scenario. I always get really dirty looks and a few "verbals" when I won't let someone shoot my 34 or 42 at the range. It is just not the cost of the weapon but also the liability. That gentleman that fell down could easily win a lawsuit if he was hurt or hurt others. Just a thought.
Gulfstream4
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by Gulfstream4 »

Newbies to any belt feed should first shoot off a tripod or in the prone postion. It is dificult enough to keep an MG42 on the table with an experinced shooter much less an inexperienced shooter.
stifeout
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by stifeout »

Guys, appreciate all the good advice on the scenario. The thing is all the speculation, and " wouldn't want to be near these clowns" stuff. No need to be insulting! The truth turns out, that the shooter (ex 4th infantry (1966-1970 Viet Nam), and the cameraman, ex navy seal buds/s 58, who served with ex governor Jesse Ventura, probably have a bit of experience. The guys knee, really did give way...swelled up pretty big afterwards. The 42 has a typical trigger 12-16 lbs. Accidents do happen, and accidents like these reminds us all of the need for safety.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Knob Creek
Did anyone look up at the roof over the machine guns????
During a rain no one is going to stay dry there. That roof lets in lots of sunshine. What really scared me was the really large 2 to 3 inch holes in the roof in several places. All of the small ones are interesting enough, but the big ones???

Stay safe...........

Later 42rocker
cptdarling506

Post by cptdarling506 »

So they are x-mil,makes it worse,they should have known better.
While I respect and thank these gentlemen for their service,it doesnt entitle them to a free pass on firearm safety.
What kind of infantry training did he get which teaches holding the trigger while falling?Any experinced firearm user would have let go of the trigger
as soon as they lost balance,not held on for grim death till they hit the ground.
There are no accidents with firearms unless its due to a mechanical fault and even then
it raises some questions along the lines of"you tested the safety with a live round in the chamber???"
As we all know all to well a firearm cannot discharge by itself unless theres some input,usually human.
The odd Dog pulling the trigger happens but it was the human who left the safety off and the firearm loaded and unattended to begin with.
Bad knee guy should have used a chair,exceeding ones limits with guns isnt embarrassing,its deadly.