MG1A1 video from 2011 Casper MG Shoot

Post your pics and vids here.
TactAdv
Major
Major

MG1A1 video from 2011 Casper MG Shoot

Post by TactAdv »

A quick video shooting my MG1A1 @ 2011 Northern Rockies MG & Cannon Shoot in Casper, Wyoming.

.......Ich genieße es außerordentlich diesen spaß kleines spielzeug!............ ;-)

-TomH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnFcMJp- ... ideo_title[/video]
Vieles ist bekannt, dass ist nicht offenbart.
mksshoot
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: MG1A1 video from 2011 Casper MG Shoot

Post by mksshoot »

Nice footage! Thanks for posting. I ended up working and was unable to go,hopefully next year. Any issues with the lacquer sealant from the Russian steel case gumming up after a few hundred rounds?
TactAdv
Major
Major

Post by TactAdv »

mksshoot wrote:Any issues with the lacquer sealant from the Russian steel case gumming up after a few hundred rounds?
Nahhhhhh....not a one. I put right at 2600rds through that same one BBL over two+ days, never cleaned a thing the whole time, never did anything except spray the whole mechanism a couple times with Gibbs (the Magic Pink Stuff) to try and clear away some of the dust from almost three full days of shooting. The BBL used was a Steyr-contract MG42/59 surplus one, one of the hammer-forged unlined replacement tubes on a War time extension......they are just really, really, really good BBLs.

This was shooting the Russkie "Brown Bear"- Barnaul Arsenal- green laquered steel case .308. Great stuff, IMHO.

-TomH
Vieles ist bekannt, dass ist nicht offenbart.
mksshoot
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Post by mksshoot »

Good to know no gumming problems. I guess with all the third world shooting millions of rounds of lacquered steel in multiple calibers it would say something. I have had some customers complain about Wolf 223 in their AR's but that is a different animal. Anyway I've got a 7.62 conversion bbl. from Robert @ RTG that's also a Steyr on a WWII extension and about 900 rds. of Barnaul FMJ .308 Sounds like I should swap calibers and send some of the Russian ammo down the tube! :)
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Nice Video. Wish that I was there. Someday maybe.

Later 42rocker