352pi,

Can I ask you what type (manufacturer) of blanks you are using? Thanks

greg
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Re: in the trenches italy 1944

Post by oakrodent »

Hey, nice pics.. I didn't see you there. My wife and I were Russian on the end of the line. I had my SG-43 there
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
SgtSteiner47

Post by SgtSteiner47 »

mp44dude wrote:352pi,

Can I ask you what type (manufacturer) of blanks you are using? Thanks

greg

hes using the Pakistani Blanks.
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

oakrodent wrote:Hey, nice pics.. I didn't see you there. My wife and I were Russian on the end of the line. I had my SG-43 there
Got any pics?
352pi

Post by 352pi »

oak this was the italian front that was two weeks before the ost front one. and yes i'm using paki blanks
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by mp44dude »

352pi,

I am not familar with Paki blanks. Are they in 7.62mm or 8mm? Please shed some light.

Thanks

greg
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by junglewalk »

Greg, the 'pakistani blanks' are 308, made for the military of Pakistan by the Greeks....They Have a headstamp of 'POF' , which is Greek & made in the 90s.
.....They are pretty strong, but work best in the 42.....They will cycle in a fa 34, but the powder residue builds up very fast, and begins to gum-up the works..........They will fnction better in the fa42, and does not have that residue problem, but seems to burn the gun powder of the blank completely.
....as for strength & power of the blank, these blanks are the strongest 308 blanks out there. More powerful than the Austrian, British, US-GI, & Germ/plastic.
......These Greek/Pakistani blanks are also good for resizing and use in the 98k.
......They are getting some-what hard to find now, and the German green plastic 308 blanks are everywhere now.
Beautiful women are like well built machineguns: Some should just be looked at, and left alone, while others were built to get hot.
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by junglewalk »

[quote="junglewalk"]Greg, the 'pakistani blanks' are 308, made for the military of Pakistan by the Greeks....They Have a headstamp of 'POF' , which is Greek & made in the 90s.
....I had my head up my a##,..> "POF"= Pakistan Ordnance Factory, Pakistani made of course, I've had the Greeks on what's left of my mind......bh
Beautiful women are like well built machineguns: Some should just be looked at, and left alone, while others were built to get hot.
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by mp44dude »

JW,

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if they are as "dirty" as the Nigerian blanks that were avilable abot a decade ago? I still have 20k+ of those. They put out a hellava muzzle flask though. I am now using Radways for BF.

greg
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by junglewalk »

Greg;
I remember those. In my opinion, these new 308 blanks are even more dirtier, and leave a lot of unburned powder particles, but are quite loud with a good flame.....
BTW, DA and my dealer got atf approval, finally, for the 42 transfer, took 9.1/2 weeks.......that was wait number one;..now for the second transfer.....bobh
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

junglewalk,

....and I'll have that new batch of 2-pcs. Blank-Barrel-Assemblies for the MG42/SA42/M53 finished before your Transfer goes through on your Full-Auto MG42.
Your 2-pcs. Blank-Barrel-Assembly will be the first shipped from that group........I will then only have two other MG42/SA42/M53 2-pcs. Blank-Barrel-Assemblies left after that.

Regards, RichardS in MI.
US Army, Retired
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by junglewalk »

:cheer: Wonderful!...thanks Richard!........bh
howiebearse
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by howiebearse »

POF is actually Pakistan made ammunition not Greek. It is Pakaistan Ordnance Factory Wah Cantt Pakistan