Parts Kit Built Into Dummy Gun

Post your pics and vids here.
dcdefend
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Parts Kit Built Into Dummy Gun

Post by dcdefend »

Over a year ago I got a parts kit from Apex. No receiver parts, but most else. The barrel shroud was in good shape, but needed a new front end. I ordered the different parts from Angola and RTG and got John Baum's books. After reading many of the posts here about the different receiver options, I settled on Philadelphia Ordnance's receiver since I was just interested in a dummy gun, not a semi. Some friends own a steel business, so I got their welder to do the front end. Then sent the shoud to Philadelphia Ordnance to have their receiver put on. With their receiver you must grind off the bump on the cocking handle bar, but otherwise, everything (not the bolt, rails or reciperator) else attaches as usual except the buffer assembly just twists in. In retrospect, it would have been cheaper to have just bought one of Allegheny Arsenal's dummy MG42s, but I wouldn't have learned as much. Anyway here are 5 pictures to show this receiver and how it turned out.
Attachments
Picture 005.jpg
dcdefend
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Re: Parts Kit Built Into Dummy Gun

Post by dcdefend »

picture 2
Attachments
Picture 006.jpg
dcdefend
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by dcdefend »

picture 3
Attachments
Picture 007.jpg
dcdefend
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by dcdefend »

picture 4
Attachments
Picture 008.jpg
dcdefend
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by dcdefend »

last picture
Attachments
Picture 009.jpg
Akira

Post by Akira »

Very nice dummy set up,now all you need is some extras like dummy ammo belt and a tripod for full display.

:photos:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Very nice work!!! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Beautifully done :D ! I have never seen the Phil Ord rears in use, thank you for the pics also.
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Very nice do you still have the original Rails & other parts re-coup ect. that you may want to sell to me since its now a dummy & wont be needing those parts... :mrgreen: