Stolen gun

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
Colorado1919
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Stolen gun

Post by Colorado1919 »

Was out of town for a while when I got home my brother informed me my Intratec AB10 was missing. This is the Politically Corrupt version of the Tec9 with out the barrel jacket and no threads on the barrel. The serial # A030643 if any of you should come across it. I live in Colorado Springs CO. 1-719-392-1476.
Happiness is a WARM beltfed.

"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was." Toby Keith

Live to shoot, shoot to live.

Belt-feeders does not = bottom-feeders.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Stolen gun

Post by 42rocker »

First thing to do is to contact the local police dept. Get a police file number... They will of course pass the info on to the FBI and state folks.
In my stores case I have found out (not the hard way) that you can get in trouble "helping" someone to get their stuff back if a offical police report has not been filed....

I'll be happy to be on the look out for this stolen gun and if seen inform you and the police, however be ready with a police file number..

Later 42rocker
Colorado1919
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Colorado1919 »

First thing I did was call the sheriff. The deputy gave me a case number on the back of her card. Then we started tearing the house apart to see if it were not just missed place. We did not find it and I got on the to computer settle down and relax. Was reading through fourms and thought why not who knows might get lucky if someone tries to do a face to face sale. The deputy said to call her if we found it in our search so she could take it out of the system. Believe me the first thought that went through my head was that this piece of garbage cuold harm someone with my gun and that I needed to report it.

"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was." Toby Keith

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Chances are the only thing that is going to get FILED is the serial number.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

While what DA says may be true most of the time. Most gun dealers run the serial numbers thru their state data base to see if it's stolen.. Believe me I have heard of a few stories of returned weapons.... Here is a web address for FL serial numbers.

http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/item/displayGunSearch.a

I do not know if there is a national online one or not.. Anyone?

Of course then there are gun shows where the weapons just roll thru no checks, no serial numbers, WATCHED a "person (with a table)" across from me buy sell 7 different handguns at a show, no paper work, cash only, no receipts. Bought, Sold, I think that he only cared that you looked over 18 years old.. I know that many folks think everything should be wide open and without checks etc. But!!!! Of course where do you draw the line. I don't want to know where that fellow in Washington would draw the line........

Again I wish you the best of luck in getting yours back and I'm HAPPY to hear that the first thing that you did was to report it... Way to go!!

Later 42rocker
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

not to paint a dire picture...but there is always a chance stolen guns are going to be sold to bad guys for cheap...drug guys, etc.

Just hope it was an obsessed collector and you have a chance of getting it again without someone getting hurt with it.

Good luck and I'll keep an eye out as well
Colorado1919
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Colorado1919 »

Around here the pawn shops turn in a list of guns that they take in. I'm kind of hopping that they might be stupid enough to try to pawn it.

noonxnoon
I'm praying that nothing bad happens before they find it.