where did everybody go???????

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

where did everybody go???????

Post by TOM R »

it's quiet, to quiet, like being in the woods at night with no one around sooo eirie like sumptin's gonna jump out and GEETHCHA :shock:

YA'LL need to sound off more :D
Jason

Post by Jason »

as soon as my parts start ariving (should start the end of this week) and I can get a visual on some of the parts that have been talked about , you guys will be so sick of my questions you will wish it was quiet again :)
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

tired of questions.....NEVER :!: , ALWAYS HAPPY TO HELP :D
Cpt_Kirks

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

Hey, I'm busy working on my M1919 aquisition project, my MG42/22 tripods and my new project, twin crank fired MG42/22's on a AA tripod.

Though I did see an MG42 or two last night on the History Channel's "Color of War". They were kind of embedded in a pile of dead Germans that had been strafed/blown up by fighter bombers.
Jason

Post by Jason »

the show 'combat' on the action channel saturday mornings usually has sgt. saunders pinned down by a 42. his tompson sub gun usually wins even if he is wounded.
1919gunner

Post by 1919gunner »

Tom, I'm still waiting on my mg34/42 book by Folke Myvrang to get here before I start. I am also waiting on a little more cash flow. Man that Waco Tx shoot last weekend zapped me. I spent about $900 in ammo :shock: That would have almost built my 42 :roll: Then theres the Dallas river shoot in May and NE Ok shoot in June and ect......Dang, I may never get this thing built :( (note to self---find better job) Later Shawn
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

the only shoot in my area is at ft. dix but i missed the last one, would like to have more than my 1919 to regular toys drag out everyone with the same stuff probly gets boring
1919gunner

Post by 1919gunner »

how come this is starting to seem like a talk forum for about 5 of us? There are now like 80+ members but noone seems to be talking but us. Helloooooo.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

thats what I said :!:
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

expenses

Post by JBaum »

1919gunner - you think ammo is bad? Try buying the original manuals to translate... I have one that I paid $275 for... I'm waiting for 8 manuals to come in the mail from Germany right now, and I haven't had my MG42 out since September. Talk about screwed up priorities.

Rain is forecast till Sunday, it's cloudy, cold, and miserable - typical Ohio weather. It's all my parent's fault.... they should have moved before I was born, then I'd live somewhere warmer and sunny.

How many kids with ADD does it take to unscrew a light bulb?

Hey, wanna ride bikes?

John
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

john, i am stuck in n.j. due to my grandparents stupidity then my mothers now as soon as i can sell my house and find employment elsewhere in the country I am so gone, I got 7 herniated disks, degenerative disk disease and spine arthritis @27,I can't take this weather and humidity, i take care of my grandfather of 92 retired af bird col. and of all the places he has lived I will never understand why he retired in this craphole, hell he is from youngstown oh., guess you will never figure some people out :?
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Youngstown, huh? then he would know where I live, in Lisbon. I go to Youngstown all the time - I have some customers there. Small world. When I was in Switzerland once, I met someone from 10 miles away from where I live. Sounds like you need a nice desert climate. Arizona is gun-friendly.

John

TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

yeah john I need drier, warm, and not blistering hot or freezin cold with 5' of snow. i sound like an old man going to florida :? . grandpas parents were both imigrants brought in by the cath. orth . church to work the steel mills, they were both from the same village in serbia and never met till they came to the states, on a sad note he showed me a pic of a monument from where his parents came from showing his entire family and the rest of the town all died in 1 day from the nazi exterminations and they weren't jews, or gipsies, just there :( , grandpa is great but super stubbern( must be an immagrant thing :D )
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Oh Youngstown

Post by Reichpapers »

I crashed my buddies new truck while passing through Youngstown...ahh the memories. The truck was so mangled that the lady who observed it called the Police and said we died in a horrible accident. We both walked away unscathed...I'm glad I got the airbag, the truck owner had to make due with the seatbelt.
Abwehr

Ohio Guys

Post by Abwehr »

Hey Ohio Guys,

I worked at the Lordstown GM Facility back in 1993-1995 when my company was doing the changeover to the current Cavalier and Sunfire!

Man, I did love that area and the people were GREAT! I was able to go to a gun show almost every weekend. One of my Contractors belonged to the OGCA qnd he would have me as a guest at the big convention center near the airport in Cleveland. Man, this was a great gun show!!! I was told that the center where the gun show was held was an old tank factory during the war. I do miss the area!
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

It wasn't a tank factory during the war, it was a tank factory when Chrysler got the first bids on the M1A Abrams.
I'm n OGCA, and that was the best show around. Cleveland has "assault weapon" laws, that nobody is allowed possession, and when the IX Center (tank factory) was annexed into Cleveland, OGCA had to find another place to meet. It hasn't been the same since then....

You're right about shows though, it wasn't a matter of IF, it was just a matter of WHERE - every weekend. It was great. I picked up most of my collection back then. Most of what I have, I couldn't afford to buy at today's prices. How about an all matching 1937 Luger, both matching mags, in 99% condition, with the correct holster (brown) and tool, for $640. Try to find that one now.

TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

hell if you wnt to talk used to be, i remember when i was a kid my dad and the scout master would take me to a gun show every weekend there wasn't a camping trip this is when they were in n.j. :shock: in the 80's man 8) dam i feel old

ahh back when this hobby was cheap cause they couldn't give stuff away, we would hit the venders end of the day an get stuff almost given to us couple of times my dad got gi duffle bags full of stuff cause he wanted one $5 item I still have these and have been going through them even found nos ww2 browning belts (shipped to va house nono in n.j.) ww1 cav 1911 pouches , nos 1944 date cavelry hat(smokey bear style) bren pouches, belts, suspenders, m1 carbine pouches, helmets,and he paid almost nothing cause some guy didn't want to haul it to the next show, oh and you could buy almost anything dirt cheap
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
1919gunner

Post by 1919gunner »

I got your email but havn't had time to download it. ? about the email address. Is there something your not telling us Nancy? :wink:
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

my sisters old internet provider she swithched and I got stuck with the old one, but for now it's free so can't complain
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
1919gunner

Post by 1919gunner »

right :roll: