HF TIG welder foot pedal (anyone done it?)

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

HF TIG welder foot pedal (anyone done it?)

Post by flemgunner »

Like it says in the title anyone do this yet?
Thinking of doing it but my electronics kung fu aint strong. I want to know if it was worth it or not.
Thanx
Glenn
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: HF TIG welder foot pedal (anyone done it?)

Post by Bil »

Glenn-you need to spend more time over here! :D Look in the mg42 build section-Private Joker has a tutorial on how to build one-I would imagine he also uses it.He has all the info on how to do it,and which parts you will need.Good luck! A foot pedal really makes a differance. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Ive got that saved actually. Im just wondering if it actually works before I do it. I havent welded (arc) anything for ten years so I want to make sure its not the pedal but me that is making the horrible welds :lol:
Glenn
amafrank
Major
Major

Almost all my welding is by foot pedal TIG....

Post by amafrank »

and I really like it. You tend to like what you learned with so guys who use the fingertip controls like them, us gaspedal guys like these.....If you grew up in the US and know how to drive its a pretty good way of doing the control. You are already used to using your foot for controlling your car so its not a big jump. If you have to build the foot control yourself than you are even better off since not only do you have a good way to control the arc you also have some idea how it works.

Frank
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

If Joker put it here,it works-I guess it must be you! :lol: Practice by driving slowly around the neighborhood at night.You will get used to the pedal that way. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Put the PEDAL to the METAL and learn to TIG like a MAN! Weld'er up, baby!
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury