Cigars

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Cigars

Post by Reichpapers »

Anyone here enjoy a good cigar on occassion? What are your preferences?
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abwehr

Post by Abwehr »

A good Cuban is the best you can get to me. I haven't had one in a number of years now, but when I was living in San Paulo, Brasil, I could get them anytime. Canada is/was another good place to buy Cubans. The only problem with Canadian cigars is the big tax they put on all tobacco products. Oh yea, I could get them when I wasin Saudi Arabia too. GOOD CIGARS!
CRA

Post by CRA »

Yep cubans are the gold standard I still think Cohiba when good cigars come to mind.
I stop by the cigar store every couple of months or so.
j.bal
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by j.bal »

I enjoy a good robusto with a madoro wraper. If you like mild try Macanudo any size.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

A nice Bacarrat blunt. It doesn't last too long (about 20 minutes), and it's fat for a smooth smoke that's not too hot. The fatter the cigar, the cooler the smoke. The Bacarrats and Carbonells are lightly sweetened on the end, not enough to gag, just enough to have you lick your lips after its gone.

For a cheap cigar, it's tough to beat a Phillies Blunt. 5 for $3, but there is quite a difference between those and a $3 Bacarrat. Cubans always seems a little strong for me. I inhale, and a smooth cooler smoke is what I'm after. With the few Cubans I've had, I compare it to liking the smell of coffee (mild cigar) and chewing the grounds (Cuban). Same flavor, just too strong. Without inhaling, I'd probably like a Cuban, because then the other cigars wouldn't have enough ass to give a full taste.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
MAX-LEADFLO

Post by MAX-LEADFLO »

I love the Fuente short stories, any Fuente is a great smoke.
autodoc
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by autodoc »

Bolivar Maduros are nice!
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

Saint luis Rey, bolivar, Romeo and Juliet aged at least 2 years and via habana only....Current production Cohibas non cuban or cuban are over priced for the smoke.
Smooth is Fast
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

I tend to go mild with a Conneticuit wrapper...well, at least that has been the case concerning my favorite smokes so far. I have a humidor full of premium cigars, but I always tend to fall back on and smoke more cost effective brands. My favorites so far have been the Sol Cubano, Fires and the Drew Estate Vieja de Cubana (gold for the price at $2 a stick). I have also enjoyed the Leon Jiminez and a freshly handrolled Aurora 1495 Series. For a comparison, if it is as strong as a CAO Brazilia, then I'll avoid it. As far as true Cubans go, I don't have any besides 2 counterfeit Cohibas.
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.