Republican Underground

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
salt6
General
General
Anti-spam: Mg42

Republican Underground

Post by salt6 »

I'm going to open a new forum. The new forum will be for political dicussion.

What I'd like to know is anyone interested in helping out.

salt6

http://www.republicanunderground.us
Last edited by salt6 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Post by 762x51 »

Hi Salt6 - How do you want us to help out?

If saying that King George has turned out to be probably the worse president that we have had will help, then I'll be glad to help. :D

I say that even though I voted for the jerk.

Orin
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
Skype ID: ACE1100
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

Bush may be bad at some things but imagine how bad it would have been with either Gore or Kerry.
The AWB would have been signed by both of them for renewal and Gore would have put a gold dome on the Capitol Building to appease the Muslim radicals after 9/11. I will take the lesser of these three evils any day.
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

Ah were getting a good start already :)
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Fishpaw
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by Fishpaw »

smoggle wrote:....and Gore would have put a gold dome on the Capitol Building to appease the Muslim radicals after 9/11....

Come on...thats just crazy talk. Although he may not be the gun friendliest fella out there, I dont see anything that says Gore would try to appease muslim radicals. I still dont see why people only think the Republicans would protect us. Any president would put the safety and security of the U.S. at top priority, unless of course it helps out his wealthy friends and backers who happen to be from the middle east, and may have helped finance terrorists in the past.
Fishpaw
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by Fishpaw »

Reichpapers wrote:Notice the flow of your post....first you try to make a Democrat out to be less of a badguy, then you point out the duties of a president (Rep or Dem), then add stipulations concerning the current Republican President...after this post I'm having a hard time being convinced of your statements concerning Gore and your agenda concerning Republicans.
Do you really think that Gore would have tried to appease the terrorists who attacked our country? And I really do believe that any president would put our security at the top of the list. The whole spin making it seem like Democrats are weak on national security is very well done by the Republicans, but is a total pile of horse shat. The last part about the post deals and related items, is not some "agenda" on my part. Are you happy with the ports deal? Are you happy with the immigration situation? Who knows who and what are sneaking across into our country? My "agenda" is wanting to feel safe, and know that everything is being done to keep us so. If Gore or anyone else was in the presidents position, my "agenda" would be the same. Its not a Republican or Democrat thing at all.
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

lol, I deleted my post as I decided not to get started on the political discussions...but it looks like you beat me to the reply beforehand. Though I might as well continue.

Do you really think that Gore would have tried to appease the terrorists who attacked our country?

I have no idea what Gore would have done concerning national security...and don't really care....if he kept us out of the middle east I'd be happy, if he kept us there I'd be happy... I have the utmost confidence in all the little helpers that every President has to keep the US running...What wouldn't have made me happy was the rest of Gores policies that gave me a sigh of relief when he lost.

And I really do believe that any president would put our security at the top of the list.

This is true and undisputed, what is a concern though is their interpretation of National Security. If it is wrong, then I wouldn't want it on the top of the list, rather revisited and resubmitted. NO one want's to be protected by an idiot.

The whole spin making it seem like Democrats are weak on national security is very well done by the Republicans, but is a total pile of horse shat.

The right response to this question is: What aspect of National Security? Are you saying they are strong on all fronts? War, borders, patriot act (our own people)?

The last part about the post deals and related items, is not some "agenda" on my part. Are you happy with the ports deal?

I"m not concerned. We haven't run our ports in quite some time anyways. You can't just alienate everybody based on their location. From what I've read, the true issue the government was looking at was the track record of the companies port operations...everyone else seemed more concerned with their identities. What do you think, the moment they start running the port there will be arabs swinging by the rafters? OR will they hire union?...I'm thinking local union.

Are you happy with the immigration situation? Who knows who and what are sneaking across into our country?

I haven't followed who wants what, I'll save it for the next presidential race...as no doubt it will be rehatched there.

My "agenda" is wanting to feel safe, and know that everything is being done to keep us so. If Gore or anyone else was in the presidents position, my "agenda" would be the same. Its not a Republican or Democrat thing at all.

Me too...but I feel safe with a gun at my side 24/7...the dems don't have a great track record of letting me keep that right. Until they do, they won't get my vote.
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

now you did it salt :burn:
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

Really... one coin, with two sides... does it really matter which face is showing?

Facts:

Boths sides are cheats, liars and crooks.
There is no real difference between a conservative liberal and a liberal conservative!

The Republicans are the Stupid Party and the Democrats are the Evil Party. The only thing worse is when both sides agree, then whatever they agree on will be both Stupid and Evil!

My 2 cents...
Cpt_Kirks

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

Just to piss off both sides, I voted Libertarian for President...

Really, there needs to be more than two realistic choices. Neither party gives a damn what the people think. Unless they are up for election RIGHT NOW, then they pretend to listen, a little. Sometimes.
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

I agree on all points. Gore was too wishy washy is all I meant. Lord I hope he would not have done anything detrimental. My point is the fact that a lot of the 'green' people think we 'human beings' will have a lasting effect on the earth is comical. In 20,00 years you may have some styro foam cups around. PETA and ELF types would rather have us live in caves again.

There is no perfect canidate out there. The President does not have this omnipotent power to affect the economy. The DOW swings more wildly from day and bull traders than anything else.

I do not wish to see a Democrat in office for the simple fact of their stance on gun control. This is for the party in whole. Pelosi, Schumer and Clinton do whatever is 180 degrees from the Republican line, and vice versa. I have not looked into the Libertarian line much because they do not have enough seats in Congress and would not get much of any agenda through. It, congress, has become a a bigger quagmire than Iraq and Afghanistan combined. They are more worried about fighting the other party rather than what is right or needed for our country.

Ideally we would vote out ALL incumbents and start anew. would this send the wake up call congress would need to get back to helping the US rather than themselves?

Didn't The Democrats try pushing an amnesty near the end of Clinton's term to try and buy votes? It made my stomach sick when I saw it then as it does now.
Imagine what will happen if the American southwest decides to seceed, not that they will. Should they be able to? They have a population majority, they could democratically vote for it. Would it not be their right? Look at Montenegro, Albania, Serbia and the rest of what used to be Yugoslavia.

Foreign policy is a crap shoot. Should we be in Iraq? I do not know all the facts, nor do any of us here. When you deal with a culture so different it is hard to determine. Everybody want US assistance. However when we try to tell them something they say go away. We can not just pull out and let it go. We ought to do like the Romans. Level one city killing everything in it. Then come to the next and ask if they wish to act nice or join the previous city.

rant off. just my opinions.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

I noticed out here on the east coast they had no election coverage unless it was about bush or kerry, they never mentioned the other candidates talk about steering the vote your way :?
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

When deciding....look at "generalalities"....not point-of-word (as some things are changed by outside influences such as "Wars")......then you decide what party or who (candidate) would best serve "your" wants and go vote.

I look at Veterans-Affairs, Gun-Ownership and laws, and the military, and some on taxes..........and then on what moneys the powers in control have used for what.

Based on these areas, I ask myself about these things in the recent past:

1: What happened to the Billions $$$$$ saved when we pulled most of the US Military units out of Germany ?....and who was the party in power?

2: I looked at "Concurrent-Receipt" for retired veterans.....and which party was in power during passage, and about Veterans Bills.

3: I looked at when guns laws were passed (and by who)....and when old gun-laws were allowed to go away (and who was in power).

You know, things will never be perfect, and we will always have unschedualed "wars" pop up that use money the government says we need more of .
Everyone can see the waste ($$$) and the "pork-projects" ($$$) passed to please other parties in Congress just to try to get something useful passed.

What ever happened to service to our nation as "representatives" for the people?
Are the only people serving our nation the ones that are in uniform?....and the rest just looking for a pay-check?

But heck.....just look at the candidates, their parties, and what the best choice is for "you".......and then go vote.
Regards, RichardS.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Politics....

Post by ChrisPCook »

And I really do believe that any president would put our security at the top of the list.
Hmmm....It's gettin' hot now.....If any president would put our security at the top then why did Clinton allow restrictions to be lifted on exportation of critical computer and guidance components to China? Lobbing a few missles at some empty tents in the Afghani desert doesn't qualify as national security either. Not in the wake of the 1st world trade center bombings, USS Cole, Khobar towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, the embassy bombings in Africa....I don't think Clinton cared much for national security issues IMO>....
Also, don't forget that the UN gun ban folks meet on US soil this July......there are a lot of folks in the US (liberal types) who would be at the beckon call of the UN if elected.....Chris....
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

A WIN, WIN, WIN SITUATION.

Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border;
Take the dirt and raise the levies in New Orleans;
Then put the Florida alligators in the moat.
Any other problems you would like for me to solve?
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

Yeah you forgot to say "throw the gun grabbers in the moat!"
smoggle wrote:A WIN, WIN, WIN SITUATION.

Cpt_Kirks

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

IMBLITZVT wrote:Yeah you forgot to say "throw the gun grabbers in the moat!"
smoggle wrote:A WIN, WIN, WIN SITUATION.

That's like "the sun will rise in the morning". Some things don't have to be said, they are just assumed.

All else being equal, I vote gun rights, number ONE.
Hole_Puncher
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Post by Hole_Puncher »

I agree with Capt Kirks. I vote gun right number one.

I like Smoggles idea though.
autodoc
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by autodoc »

Make it a deep moat and then we can tell Panama to go to hell. I
LIKE IT!
j. bergmann

Post by j. bergmann »

For those who like Gore:
Do you approve of his conduct 3 months ago when he was in Saudi Arabia, condeming our soldiers and promoting hate against the USA to the muslim world? What person in their right mind would do something to the country that gives him his freedom. He was condeming everything we do , to the people that love to hate us. WHY? What was his motive ? That ,my friend SCARES me. john