And so the internet gun board BS starts....

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

And so the internet gun board BS starts....

Post by gunslingerdoc »

I read the recent locked thread relating to the Alum FAL FCG grip stick and frankly I was disappointed.

Having been involved with the design on a new FCG system at its beginning here, I think its funny how anyone can claim ownership of it. It was an effort of many people, countless emails and phone conversations.

The point was to make a better system we could all use. I never really thought of it as a money maker, nor did MOST of those involved. Moreover, I had hoped that being a relatively small new board, we could avoid the crap that seems to plague the internet gun community. SEEMS I was wrong!

I will admit to curtailing my public posting on the FAL system simply because there was credible info that we might be treading in teritory of BATF interest. Sorry, but I , like most, have no need to borrow trouble. I decided to wait until we had a more concrete legal base to stand on rather than risk everything for internet kudos.

I really wish we could call a halt to this CRAP. Afterall, we all started with the same goal, finding a better, cheaper way to legally make a semi-auto MG-42 simply for the love of the gun.

There are some very skilled and smart folks I have met from posting on this board. I count myself fortunite to have corresponded with them. I have learned a great deal from their knowledge and advice. I think its a shame to run them off over internet politics, greed or some petty harms to someones ego.

Afterall, we are all gun folks and if we really feel the need to be argue shouldnt we direct our efforts to those making stupid regs and rulings rather than fighting amoungst ourselves?

Frankly, if you post it on the 'net, you just gave it away. Get over it. If you want to retain ownership, get a patent and protect your secrets by not posting.

Secondly, if you post it and there is an error that could get someone in trouble or injured, you should be adult enough to accept the correction, rather than have your ego take precidence over someones freedom or health.

Building guns is for grownups, if you cant act like one, then get into airsoft.

Please lets get this board back on track -- a group of guys interested in building guns safely and legally.

Rant off.
Smooth is Fast
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Post by 762x51 »

Doc, I'm with you on this subject.

I have posted quite a few things here and anything I have posted is free for anyone, and that's anyone, to use as they please unless I posted otherwise. I did state on a couple of post that the drawings were for the use of indivudals in making something for themselves and I said this to hopefully prevent commercial use of the design.

We're finding out now that the FAL drawings I posted have some errors in them and the GS conversions being sold on the board now apparently have these errors in them also. Its up to the folks making conversions for commercial sales to be sure that what they are producing is correct and not simply a copy of something they took from the site.

Regarding who designed what and when, who cares? If that's important to you then do the research of postings and I think it will come clear who did what and when - Again, from my point of view - Who cares?

I hope the fellow that was going to make the aluminum GS will make them and offer them for sale here. If he gets some help from my drawings then great! Some of you really want these and some don't, and it would be nice to have the option.

I hope we can get back to the "real" purpose of this board - Helping one another build safe and legal semiautomatic copies of the MG34 and MG42.

Regards,
Orin
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
Skype ID: ACE1100
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

I do the same thing with the Blank-Adapting information (and other ideas) that I have posted..........we try to help out all members so that they will have an "enjoyable-experience" here. We souldn't have to "re-invent-the-wheel" with everything that we do.....correct?

I didn't believe that it would be appropriate for me to "charge" members for the information on Blank-Adapting......and I am still here if someone is having problems Blank-Adapting their weapons.

If someone comes up with a better idea....great. If someone comes out with a "cheaper" non-patented product....great. We are all looking for an "affordable" way to make a legal SA42 and/or SA34.

Just my $.02 worth, RichardS.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
Abwehr

Post by Abwehr »

GSD,

Thanks for starting this thread, eveyone here needed to hear what you had to say!!!!!!!
drooling idiot
General
General

Re: And so the internet gun board (BULLSH1T) starts....

Post by drooling idiot »

gunslingerdoc wrote:I read the recent locked thread relating to the Alum FAL FCG grip stick and frankly I was disappointed..
+1,

I fully support salts decision that theres room for both grips and would like to put this behind us and move on.
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
M1 Tanker
Oberst
Oberst

Post by M1 Tanker »

I didn't understand it either and thought I was alone in believing that the whole thing sounded like something out of a middle school. I thought we were all trying to get legal working semi autos. I hope that drama just goes away so we can get back to the task at hand.
justashooter
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Post by justashooter »

amen.

when i published the first bending form for AK flats 2 years ago i made it public property. the same gizmo has been marketed with refinement by 5 companies with no complaints from me. it's a hobby. we do it because we love it, not because we expect to make money on it.
working on it!
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

didn't Salt say to drop this topic?