who builds models here

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

who builds models here

Post by TOM R »

I know some of you guys build models as I remember the pics, got a link to a military model build site? :D

picked up a ww2 jeep in 1/25 scale and want to look for info and pics thanks
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

HERE IS THE JEEP :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

I used to build hundred of detailed models when I was younger, mostly WWII ships, tanks and vehicles, but also ships from the age of sail with all the tiny rigging and such. My favorite were WWII German tanks, assault guns, and tankhunters.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

I don't know how many Tamiya 1/35 scale German models I have built. Back in the day I lived by it. Got sticker shock when I went to the hobby store to see about getting my boys into it. Darn they got pricey.

Hey Tom, that baby is screaming for an M-80 to be used as an IED :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't know how many models I blew up as a kid. Not my German stuff but anything else.

Anybody familiar with 'Froggy'? Glass balls... pink flamingo's AMRAP?????
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

it looks a looot better then the crappy pics :?

nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Farmer Mike

Post by Farmer Mike »

My brother and I built alot of models when we were younger. Ships, planes and especially tanks. Tamiya was maker we built most. I've still got a Panther and a T-34 I never finished. Do you remember the Tamiya tanks that were motorized? You had the battery packs with the wires running down to the model. I think I spent more money on batteries than the models!

As far as web sites go, I never looked around. I did get involved with a model railroad club for a while but quit after I got married and moved. It was fun building the layout . I guess that's why I like building gun kits. They're just big models that really go boom when they're finished.
Colorado1919
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Colorado1919 »

Nice model! Looks really good. You did a really nice job of building it. Most people forget to do thinks like paint the taillights and reflectors.

My brother and I have been building models since we were kids. He builds mostly 1:25 scale muscle carss and scratch built train rolling stock.And now he is in to 1:20.3 scale trains. I'm the one who dose the military vehicles. The only problem is at our age we just cann't build them stock out of the box. you start looking at how to modifity then even before you buy them or open the box. try it think of ways you can modify them or build accorsies to add to them.

Farmer Mike wrote:
I like building gun kits. They're just big models that really go boom when they're finished.

It's harrd to build the gun kits stock out of the box too. I'm collesting parts rigt now to make my M1919A4 parts kit into the U.S. GI A6 version. Might even try a shorty. It's just so hard to build any thing stock. Has anyone tried a MG42 shorty? with maybe a 18" bbl?
Happiness is a WARM beltfed.

"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was." Toby Keith

Live to shoot, shoot to live.

Belt-feeders does not = bottom-feeders.
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

I still have a Panther and a Stug out stashed away. will have to dig them up. Have a battery powered tiger too. It has been dimantled though.