Introductions (or one way to increase your post count).

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by JBaum »

Welcome aboard. Whatever you need to know for building a semi MG42, it's here.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
claborn1
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by claborn1 »

New member. I just purchased a M53 kit and am starting to assemble it. Cant wait to shoot it.
along
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by along »

welcome to the site, I'm just starting myself as well
unfkr
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Re: New Member Intro

Post by unfkr »

Hi there ,
just getting started on a mg42 semi need to go look for a nomenclature chart for al the bits so I can communicate with you experts
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Member Intro

Post by JBaum »

Hello and welcome.

You have a lot of reading to do :)

Try the MG42 stickies section as a start for part names and pictures:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4490
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Dirigo
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by Dirigo »

New member here, living in Denver metro area. I've built a ton of AKs of different flavors and FALs, a couple Galils, M1919s, ARs, etc. I've been kicking around building an MG42 for years, got out of the hobby for awhile, and recently got back into it. Now I have two kits, shells, barrels and assorted parts and getting the itch to start, but its a little overwhelming and I'm slow to start cutting on stuff. I'm self-taught on the AKs and other stuff, but for some reason the MG42 is intimidating to me.
along
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by along »

welcome to the board! I'm pretty new here too, I'm currently working on my build, actually will be headspacing my barrel tomorrow.
Kaleun
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Re: Introductions (or one way to increase your post count).

Post by Kaleun »

Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Paul, I'm 24 and serving as Naval Officer in the German Armed Forces. I'm active shooter for more than 10 years and for 2 years I'm licensed collector of German WW2 pistols.

I was introduced to the MG3 during my infantry training. Later when I became reenactor I was pushed into the MG-Gruppe, were I am Schütze 2/ Lafettenträger - a lot of fun with equipment, Lafette, full Patronenkisten...
At the moment I do not own a MG. But due to the new laws for deactivated guns coming in april made by the EU I will buy a MG42/53. Later I won't be a deactivated gun but a clump of scrap. :puk: Maybe I will have it rebuilt as semiautomatic gun later...but you know, German gun laws are sometimes no fun.
Unfortunately I don't have the money for a WW2 MG42, because I am going to marry in autumn :oops:

I hope to learn a lot of new things here and find other enthusiastics!

Beste Grüße,

Paul
salt6
General
General

Post by salt6 »

Welcome aboard. Congrats on the marriage.

salt
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

John Newton (1725-1807)

George Orwell

salt6
1komjager
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Introduction 1/5

Post by 1komjager »

Thank you very much for the add.

I must agree with some members about the minimum posting prior to using the "For Sale" board, however, I understand the desire to weed out spam users.

So here goes one of my least favorite activities. Talking about myself.
Unterfeldwebel Werner B.E. Adler
Kompanie Kommandant
1. Kompanie / I Bataillon, Jäger Regiment 83
Jägerdivision 28
1komjager
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Introduction 2/5

Post by 1komjager »

I am the Unit Commander of a German Army reenactment unit.

We reenact members of the 28. Jägerdivision. Our primary impression is that of Jäger-Regiment 83, but we have alternate impressions for Panzerjäger-Abteilung 28 and Divisions-Einheiten 28 (for our female membership).
Kompanie Kommandant
Jägerdivision 28
1komjager
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Introduction 3/5

Post by 1komjager »

We used to reenact Jäger Regiment "Brandenburg", but the former unit commander had picked a very VERY specific late war impression that severely limited us from an authenticity standpoint. We pretty much couldn't do anything pre-1944 without being out of place.

After I took control of the unit, it was immediately decided that we'd change to a more general impression that would allow us to fit in everywhere.

Unfortunately, that meant cutting loose the old boss, who owned most of the big toys.
Kompanie Kommandant
Jägerdivision 28
1komjager
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Introduction 4/5

Post by 1komjager »

One of our first alliances we formed was with one of my former unit commanders who decided he didn't want to run units anymore and bought himself a StuG. Great fun to ride around in and quite a draw for new members.

However, we decided that since it is only a crew of four or five, we needed something a little more hands on that required less training to use. Naturally, we decided that an MG34 or an MG42 was the answer.
Kompanie Kommandant
Jägerdivision 28
1komjager
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Introduction 5/5

Post by 1komjager »

It was originally our intention to pool our funds and purchase on that was already tried and functioning, but recently, a friend decided to sell off an M53 kit. We snapped it up and so begins the arduous task of acquiring the last few parts (barrel and receiver).

My primary reason for joining this forum was to personally have access to the "For Sale" section. I have good resources for assistance on the actual assembly from those who have done it before, so I probably won't be asking AS MANY questions, but it would be foolish to think that I could go without this resource.

Once again, thank you for approving me to this group. I look forward to working and doing business with you all.
Kompanie Kommandant
Jägerdivision 28
rodom
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by rodom »

Hi 1komjager. I had found this website,http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.sf/en_GB/? which is located in your home country. They seemed to have everything we all want and need, but cannot be imported to us. No reason you couldn't enjoy the "spoils of war". Great stuff here.
j1mb0
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by j1mb0 »

Good Morning. I've been lurking on this forum for a year or more and finally joined when I decided to start collecting parts for my first mg42 build. I have built a few different guns in the past but rarely more than one of the same type (AR's are the only exception so far). The mg42 will be my 2nd belt-fed after my 1919a4 I hammered together a few years ago. BTW I must say thanks for all the info you guys have collected here; I spend a lot of time reading through the old posts.
along
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by along »

Welcome to the boards,

I am very early into my build and still learning a lot (a boatload).
PGSgunner16
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by PGSgunner16 »

Hello Everyone, I'm Tyler. I've been visiting this site for a while now and have finally created an account. I'm currently a student at the Pennsylvania Gunsmith School in Pittsburgh. Thanks to this site I have built my first M53 that I am still in the trial phase of. I test fired it once and have yet to try again. Hopefully one day this spring I will have it squared away. I can't wait to start posting and hopefully get a lot of great information from you guy and gals.

Thanks

Tyler
Ratiasu
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Ratiasu »

Hello everyone, Max is the name! Ever since I was old enough to walk, I've been dragged through the bunkers of the Atlantikwal from France to the Netherlands; same for military fairs all across Europe. My knowledge on MG42's is rather limited, but I'm working on that.
Pakmule
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by Pakmule »

New member here. I am CFO of Sirearms, a licensed firearms manufacturer, and we recently embarked on a buildup of a post sample full auto MG42 based on a Yugo M53 parts kit. It's a new gun for us so I am interested in learning as much as possible about rebuilding this awesome piece of history.