Introductions (or one way to increase your post count).

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
IndianaFarmer

Post by IndianaFarmer »

What I have searched so far , I find very interesting.
IndianaFarmer

Post by IndianaFarmer »

Are there very many forums like this that are so informative.
IndianaFarmer

Post by IndianaFarmer »

I'm getting closer.
IndianaFarmer

Post by IndianaFarmer »

I'm not much of a talker.
IndianaFarmer

Post by IndianaFarmer »

I did notice that the market for Mg-42 seem to be getting tighter.
IndianaFarmer

Post by IndianaFarmer »

I think this site is nicely laid out.
IndianaFarmer

Post by IndianaFarmer »

I should be able to access the F/S section. Thanks.
MGAPA

Post by MGAPA »

I liked the bear repellant story.
I have "repelled" racoons by a process we call barking. It is when the racoon (or a chipmonk, opossum, etc) is up on a fallen tree, you aim to impact below his feet. The bark explodes, and the animal has no serious injury. Usually ejected from the log, and incredibly confused as to why the dead tree beneath his feet ruptured. I imagine it to be like relaxing on a raft at the lake and all of a sudden your stupid brother comes up from beneath you lauching you into the cold water. :mrgreen: Ahh, good memories. Oh, I usually use a 22 mag, 17hmr, or a 223 Rem. Of course it depends on the size of the tree as to whether or not you will actually "bark" him.
Lone Star

Post by Lone Star »

[/img]

Jim in Caribou Camp. Wide open terrain calls for flat shooting rifles. Bears came out of lake in background and tried to have us for lunch. After being introduced to Mr. 50 Cal Tracer, the bears remembered a pressing previous engagement .
Last edited by Lone Star on Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
salt6
General
General
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by salt6 »

:redx:
Lone Star

Post by Lone Star »

[/img] Here's a pic of the 50 Cal LAR Grizzly bear repellent in action. 40 miles NW of King Salmon AK. Notice the fine looking girl in the bikini behind the tree. We have ear protection (plugs), except for Jim who is about to use his Cabella's Gore-Tex gloves to accomplish the necessary noise reduction.
Lone Star

Post by Lone Star »

Hey salt6 - Nice video !
Last edited by Lone Star on Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stgw44

Post by Stgw44 »

This sight is pretty.
Stgw44

Post by Stgw44 »

Funny video
Stgw44

Post by Stgw44 »

VOLKSSTURM! :mrgreen:
MGAPA

Post by MGAPA »

Lone Star wrote:Image

[/img] Here's a pic of the 50 Cal LAR Grizzly bear repellent in action. 40 miles NW of King Salmon AK. Notice the fine looking girl in the bikini behind the tree. We have ear protection (plugs), except for Jim who is about to use his Cabella's Gore-Tex gloves to accomplish the necessary noise reduction.
Lonestar,

Umm, I don't see any trees....or girls ....or bikinis for that matter. :? Are we talking about the same picture?
Lone Star

Post by Lone Star »

My dad was stationed on Adak durring WWII. He used to say there was a good looking woman behind every tree. After one tour up there in the AF and several hunts, I know what he meant.
MGAPA

Post by MGAPA »

OHHH! :shock: I get it now. That was a bit of a joke grenade. (3-5 post delay fuze)
kevshan40

Post by kevshan40 »

Hello everybody,
This is my first post. I've been lurking for about two or three weeks. I'm glad I did. On the good reviews I read on this site, I ordered two MG42 kits from Dan. I believe those were the most well packaged and boxed items I have ever received! The parts looked great. Thanks Dan! :D The kits were missing grip panels and bipods, but Dan noted that those would ship later at no extra charge. Continued....
kevshan40

Post by kevshan40 »

continued from last post. I ordered a manual from GermanManuals that I hope will enable me to get this together along with the advice and information on this site. I have been working in a tool & die shop for the last 15 years and I have unlimited access to the equipment. My problem is time. Or lack thereof. Continued....