Introductions (or one way to increase your post count).

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
artech

Post by artech »

Howdy! GTS

I 'm artech, I used to post quite a bit on AR15.com and TFL, and now mostly hang out at thehighroad.com. I am a former Marine and spent 10 years at Bushmaster(hence the artech) before becoming a professional Firefighter/Paramedic here in Maine.

I have built 3 FALs, 6 or 8 Mausers, several Enfields, a few Carcanos, and a Delisle replica so far. I have wanted a belt fed for some time, but have never had the chance until recently. Thanks to the great information on this site I have a Yugo kit coming from Sarco, 308 parts coming from RTG, and a new 308 barrel coming from Numrich. My intention is to build a switch barrel semi and be able to shoot both calibers.

I also built somewhere around 30,000 AR-15s and fired about 1 1/2 million rounds while at Bushmaster before leaving six years ago. If anyone needs AR-related advice I'd be happy to help out as much as I can. I see that many people are using AR fire control groups in their builds and I may be able to help with problems in that area, if any.

I'd also like to say that this seems like a pretty friendly place compared to some I've visited, and that speaks well for the membership. Thanks everyone!
resting
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Re: Introductions (or one way to increase your post count).

Post by resting »

I'm new here and I think xtal01 about says it all. I joined to learn about building an MG42 and acquire the tools and parts to do so. I've been lurking since I joined hoping that I would see something I could add but no luck so I'm still shut out of the sales area. Got nothing to sell, just looking to buy the necessary. Don't usually post to any of the boards unless I have something worthwhile to add so don't know whether I'll ever make the count. I'm more than a little reluctant to just throw things out to boost the numbers. Thanks for maintaining a helpful board. I guess I'll continue to lurk for a while and see what happens.
xtal01 wrote:I appologize. I want to get into the "for sale" area of this site (found a few posts I want to read).

I then found I could not get there unless I make at least 10 posts.

I joined this site so I could find out about building an MG42. I don't have anything interesting to post or comment on because I am new here.

See next post ... thanks ... Mike
:D
tomcatshaas
General
General

NEW MEMBER WELCOME! -PLEASE CHECK HERE FIRST!

Post by tomcatshaas »

A hearty welcome to our newest members! Pull up an old ammo crate and sit awhile folks, have fun, please post often, and remember: There are no stupid questions! No one gets flamed in this neck of the 'net!

MG42 will be your place to increase your knowledge about Second Amendment issues, the Constitution of this great country, guns, shooting, firearms safety, politics, military culture, military history, veteran's issues, military arms and armor (mostly German), and any other issues of interest to a bunch of gun enthusiasts.

We pride ourselves on creating a respectful, and polite atmosphere for discussion of the above and anything else that pops into your mind--including some pure nonsense. We insist that this place remain family-friendly, so site moderation will be geared toward that end. Thank you for all your support, from the management

Please do a forum search for any questions you may have. Read all the stickies!
There is alot of information and most of the questions have been asked and answered already.

Staff
LAWMAX

I'm in the same boat - trying to get 10 posts

Post by LAWMAX »

10 posts.....I don't have that much to say yet.
What a pain.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Lawmax-I dont think its !) still,it may be 5. Not sure,you have 5 now,give it a try,let me know and you will have another post.Welcome aboard. ---bil
grovb

Post by grovb »

Well, I am here because I am rebuilding a Yugoslavian perse (sp) ww2 mg 42 with my friend. About me I reenact and collect.
Brandyn
watsaro

Seattle Washington

Post by watsaro »

Seattle here learning smithing from an old dog in the ballard area came across this sie and got interested in C&R guns
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Welcome aboard! :D You will find that this is THE site for any info,answers,and just good guys,that you will find.Most of the guys are re-building de-mil SA s,but there are quite a few that have fa,and there is a lot of info on both here.Problems are usually answered within hours.very helpful place.Do you have anything yet , ---bilor are you just getting started? I must warn you,it is very addictive!
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Howdy

Post by flemgunner »

Howdy Glenn here. Im new working on getting the old post count up there. Brief intro to follow
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Me again. Well At the moment stationed in Okinawa Japan helo gunner in the air force. Always been way into german small arms but particularly the MG34. I was thinking about building one up into a semi but
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

cost is prohibitive for me. A 42 however seems to be doable so Im gathering info to start buying the kit and vrious parts. Hence
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

the reason for the multiple post (sorry about this guys) I want to check out the for sale section but need...
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

5 posts to view it so hopefully this works. Sorry for spammin up the electrons here. Later
Glenn
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

welcome,Glenn.you have picked the right place for info on the mg42 semi.Lots of good info here.You should get your gun parts soon,they seem to be drying up.The group buy from Weaponeer seems to finally be shipping,and there may be some for re-sale from that.The 3 or 4 cut German receivers show up here from time to time,they cost more,but you get more of the receiver,and the front isn't as badly ruined.Hope you have good luck with the project. ---bil
mr. wipple

Post by mr. wipple »

flemgunner I have seen m-53 kits for sale on MGS for $350.00.
donttellthewife

Post by donttellthewife »

Well I went and did it again, bought a parts kits that is. I hail from the 1919a4.com site were that evil weaoneer posts group buys. I could not help myself and got in on the (3) Yugo M-53 sale. I hope this is not frowned upon. I'll be skunking around for awhile learning the new lexicon before showing my total ignorance, asking questions in this new endeavor.

Ron
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Welcome aboard-the 53 kits are popular here,there are lots of guyr just getting them and starting builds.You picked the right spot! ---bil
Odd Gibbs Shooter

Post by Odd Gibbs Shooter »

Thought I would say hi!

Been interested in German arms for quite some time. Been a machinist for quite some time....

Put the two together, and an interest in building an old BSW 34 kit that my pop had stashed for a long time.....and now I found this neat site......

Looks like a really good group here.
sdk1968
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by sdk1968 »

hey guys

SDK1968 here.

getting started on my 10 posts so i can start learning some new tricks.

see lots of faces im familiar with.
say what you mean & mean what you say
sdk1968
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by sdk1968 »

just getting started into the mg42/53 thing. have had the good luck to shoot a FA mg42 with heckinohio. since im poor, going to have to do a semi in it.
say what you mean & mean what you say