Donation link

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
magnet69
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

Donation link

Post by magnet69 »

Maybe I just can’t find it but is there a donation link? Thx. Steve
As my Uncle Fritz said: "Wenn ich rauche, ich sterbe. Wenn ich rauche nicht, ich sterbe. So ich rauche." In other words, Life's short, Just do it!
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Donation link

Post by JBaum »

I deleted the previously existing donation link.

First off, I know that some of the other gun boards have links for donations, and/or send out emails begging for donations. I won't do either. The software to run this board is free, and the yearly fee for the MG42.US name registration and website server fees are under $100. To me, this is a hobby and a service to the users. It's not supposed to make money for me through contributions. I think I'd be a pretty sad case if I couldn't afford that as a "hobby expense". Others do what they think is right for them, as do I.

What situations other people are in with their boards I can't say. It does take time, and some of the others provide services for group buys and such things, which I do not, so maybe they feel justified in being compensated for all that time. I don't spend too much time manipulating and massaging everything here (I know, a little more organization would be nice). I'll get to that someday, probably in the summer when my real job is slower, but I do not expect the users here to support me, so it's as free as it can be.

But I do appreciate you thinking about it. :D
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Donation link

Post by 42rocker »

THANKS JOHN!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the Fla weather before you went home to 6 inches of snow.

Later 42rocker