Increasing MG42.us traffic and value

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
Abominog
Major
Major

Increasing MG42.us traffic and value

Post by Abominog »

I read recently somebody (John?) wrote something like the traffic on the site is low since interest in the MG34 and MG42 is past peak. I disagree. More M53 kits have been imported than MG42. Look at the MG34 and MG42 activity on GB and Ebay- it's crazy. Interest is very high- I just think the difficulty in navigating the site and finding quality information is too much for most people.

Even if I misread that, permit me some suggestions to improve the value of the website and traffic flow. Call it a gripe if you like, frankly it's why I haven't been around much. But some site work could really make this a useful site.

1. Unsticky dated, useless threads. Replace them if needed.

Start with the Announcements which appear on the top of every discussion. How to post Pictures needs to be scrapped, with the first post telling everyone the best way to host and post. Get rid of "Email" Dn't need "Introductions" to appear at the top of every discussion.

My Musings is only for Salt to initiate posts, and hasn't seen an update in five years. Get rid of it.

MG42 Build It Yourself has NINETEEN stickies. I have to page down to get to the latest activity. Certainly this can be cleaned up.

2. Combine Discussions.

There seems to be little difference in use between GD and BIY. MG34 GD for example has numerous build related topics. And then there is the separate Stickies section. If I am looking for info, I have to read through three different discussions. Just combine them. MG42 discussion even has a separate discussion for blank adapting!

Just like autos, websites need maintenance, and occasionally a refresh. Maybe the ideas above can bring it up to an exciting level to drive traffic.
FNG
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Increasing MG42.us traffic and value

Post by JBaum »

My comment wasn't that the board had little traffic, it's that the message bases had few new messages, which I think is because we've already pretty well covered how to build and what can go wrong.

Salt isn't around anymore, this board is mine. When I have time, I make modifications and delete things, but my real job takes precedence, and I've been working a lot since I got done with cancer treatment.

Your suggestions will be considered, when I get time.

Best regards,

John
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Abominog
Major
Major

Post by Abominog »

Thanks John. I didn't mean to sound critical, I'd just love a more active board here. There is so much interest in the 34/ 42.

You looked pretty good at KCR! Well rested, etc.

ps. How about a forum just for the Lafette?
FNG
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

No offense was taken, I'm caught up on bills, and trying to get some free time to get to do the things I want to do, instead of the things I need to do.

Lafette forum works for me. It's on the list.

John
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com