What are YOU doing during Winter?

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

What are YOU doing during Winter?

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

So, the snow is coming. WINTER is COMIING, and soon we'll all be cooped up indoors, if you live in the North like me. We don't have a mile high ice wall from keeping those dastardly Canadians out (just kidding neighbors). I'm refinishing the entire basement, one pain stroke at a time, all 410 sq. ft. of it. The walls are ebing primed and painted, trim applied, and all the CRAP has to be moved from one side of the basement to the other to make room as work goes. Here is one finished side, with a new door installed too.

What are you guys doing to stay busy? (besides work...)

https://ibb.co/cSChDR
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What are YOU doing during Winter?

Post by JBaum »

Well, after I get done building a roof over the back steps, it will be basement time for me too. Gotta drywall a few walls, finish a bathroom, and maybe put up a door or two. Welcome to the joys of home ownership.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Driving tanks an (Try a different word.) :wnana:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I am going to be sitting around a lot and spending time on the couch! :O Not all winter of course! I am also going to finish a project started long ago-somehow my grandfather got a large box of WW I photos, I think they may be copies of the original government ones, with descriptions on the back of most. They were printed on cheap paper that has curled into tubes. So I have to put them in the scanner, carefully unroll them and weight them with a piece of glass, then crop the scans-it takes forever! I also have a pile of armor and aircraft models, and I will be working on editing the next Balkans video... http://www.fact8.com/mlplay.php?10696.IFrame ...bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Go outside and enjoy the 80 degree weather for a change. Time to get outside!!!! No more major heat, 95 to 100 degrees. Enjoy outside!!!! It's time been a long HOT summer!!!! For some of us too stormy, right flemgunner.

At night when it's too dark to be outside I'm planning to work on a new vickers kit I received today and sell a lot of MG34 and MG42 stuff to pay for it. Watch for my sale ads, Please.

Well hope that a lot of you folks out there, get to join us in getting outside finally. Remember in 6 months it will be too hot again and we will be forced inside to work on inside projects. Thank God for this t-shirt and shorts weather.

Of course I should state I lived In Minnesota for 6 years and Grandfather and Great Grandfather lived outside of International Falls, Minnesota. Most of the relatives live either in or North of the Twin Cities, Minnesota so I might have a small idea of what a long cold winters night means. So you folks that live near my relatives I guess you need to go inside and stay warm.

Wherever you live ---->>>>>> Have a Great Thanksgiving!!!! Say a Prayer for those sick or those in harms way in the Service. Have a Merry Drumstick!!!

Also remember Bil, too wet or cold then open the front door and shoot out of it.... LOL
Great story Bil.

Later 42rocker
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Perhaps some home brewing.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864