Happy Birthday Bil !!!!! 10/15/2017

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Happy Birthday Bil !!!!! 10/15/2017

Post by 42rocker »

We may not have seen much of you lately,but

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIL !!!!!!!!!!

That's the man with one "L"

Later 42rocker
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: Happy Birthday Bil !!!!! 10/15/2017

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Where IS Bil ?????
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Thanks for the birthday wishes! However, this year I didn't have one! Lucky me! On Friday the 13th I was helping a friend put on a new roof and decided I could fly! After many years of this kind of work I got overconfident...woke up on the 16th, having missed both my fathers and my own birthdays! Completely smashed L1, they had to remove a big piece of it from my spinal column, remove most of L1 and then put in 4 rods-screwed to the 2 vertebrae above and to the 2 below! 5 1/2 hour operation...So now I am bionic and invincible! The new parts will be around long after I am gone!! :O I am very fortunate, so far very little nerve damage but real sore, cut open from below my beltline to between the shoulder blades, still have to have something done with my hip, but I can walk short distances with a walker...I didn't think that would happen! They said if I am careful I should be healed in about a year or maybe less. Like I can be careful that long! Haven't been here in a while but hope to be, for some reason I seem to miss you all! :O ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Yeow. You lost 2 days. Last time I fell off a roof I only lost about 5 minutes (I think). It took about 8 months before that last rib decided to quit moving around though. At least you didn't do the broken neck thing. We're getting too old to be doing this sh!t.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

I've lost friends to that roof flying thing. At least 2 that I can think of. Another one that broke his back so really he and you two were "Lucky". The other two did not see the next birthday.

Well Glad that the three of you made it. Look forward to another Birthday. Next year being a better one.

Bil still remember the story that you posted about shooting your MG34 out the front or was it back door. LOL

Later 42rocker
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

LOL-the front door! It kept the neighbors away! Last year in my new place there was some shooting going on down in the valley-I don't mind that at all, actually like it. They got going pretty good so I took the Tec 9 out and let it rip...they were quiet for a few minutes then started up again. I like having neighbors that do some shooting now and then! And I sure am lucky that it wasn't my neck or I didn't land on anything bad-they had just moved a tractor away from below me, that wouldn't have been good. I was also lucky that the highway crew was working about 50 feet away, the engineer on the job got on his radio direct to the hospital and got the ambulance rolling... any day above the dirt is a good day! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

BIL, that is a terrible way to spend a birthday. Having just read of the incident, it was auspicious beyond words that you did not damage your spinal cord.

For lingering aches and pains never under estimate the healing power of a good, organic, hexane-free, castor oil pack.

Glad to see you surviving, and still checking in.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Thank you very much! I am lucky and thankful! And I will try your tip! ---bil