SG-43 Semi-Auto

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

SG-43 Semi-Auto

Post by Franz20 »

Hey everyone,

I've acquired a beautiful SG-43 all matching parts kit and I'd love to get it running in Semi-Auto. I know Wiselite used to build these but they have informed me that the line has been discontinued and stock liquidated. I know another gentleman builds them with a side-mounted FCG. I'm not a fan as I'm a reenact or and would strongly preferred to have everything self-contained in the receiver.

Are there any 07's here that could help me? I have a budget so please let me know if you can and your cost.

Frank
Abominog
Major
Major

Re: SG-43 Semi-Auto

Post by Abominog »

There's a wealth of info on Weaponeer. If nothing else you should get informed about the designs, faults, and options.

Greg Clark also sells a CD with his build technique. That's a good plan to follow.

"how much" depends on a lot of things, such as how much work YOU can do. Doing your own grinding and slag cleanup will take hours- hours you don't have to pay someone else to do. Then there's fitting- some of the receiver sections may be sprung from the weld cut & heat. With a file set, dremel, and angle grinder it will probably take 5+ hours to get the bolt and cocking handle to slide properly (the tolerances are tight, and even a tiny dot of slag will stop the bolt or handle slide).
FNG
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: SG-43 Semi-Auto

Post by Franz20 »

The problem with the Clark design I'm not a fan of is the side FCG. I understand wiselite did a self-contained FCG and I was hoping to find someone who can do something similar.

But I think I'm going to offer my kit for a DP28 or maxim parts kit.