What did you buy at the Creek?

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
MP44
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

What did you buy at the Creek?

Post by MP44 »

Just got back from Knob Creek yesterday. Didn't find much in the way of MG34/42 items. I did buy 4 MG34 firing pins and 8 sets of bolt rollers. Just curious to see if any members found anything of interest.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: What did you buy at the Creek? updated list

Post by 42rocker »

Last time I started this. Did not buy as much this year. Sold more as a matter of fact.

I bought
1st 880 rds of 8mm.
2nd part of a lafette search and fire unit.
3rd lafette shock unit believe for a mg34 lafette
4th WW2 baklite stock rear, large screw.
5th several M1, M1a1 Thompson front end receiver cuts. Real Nice and long.
6th lots and lots and lots of 1919a4 small parts.
7th 3 oil cans, look like the mg34 ones but smaller.
8th 3 madsen mags.
9th lots and lots of other small stuff.
10th mg34 belt starter tab 4.37 BSw
11th stripped 1928 Thompson bolt
Remembered a few things. (Thanks Toolman)
12th couple of 30.06 bolt bodies (thought I found a good price, guess so fellow behind me bought 20 of them)
13th a tube for a project.
14th a flag (Thanks John)
15th ask47 selector lever
16th free shirt and hat (Thanks Apex)
17th more 1917, 1928 and 1919 small internal marked parts.

Now need to sell a lot of stuff.

Things I did see 1 or 2 mg34 lafettes for sale. A sweet mountain mg34 lafette almost as nice as the one I bought last year. Several mg34's for sale. 1 mg42 parts kit. Lots of John's great German books for sale. German 8mm WW2 head stamped ammo for 40cents per round.

Lots of neat stuff and folks. At least 6 of us from this site. 42rocker, MP44, John B., Folke, junglewalk, flemgunner and ??

Later 42rocker
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Re: What did you buy at the Creek?

Post by flemgunner »

What I bought
A (Try a different word.) ton of 8mm. All the romanian I could find
7.62 x25 about 10k rounds
4k 5.56
4k 7.62
a bunch of MG34 bolt parts
Got my little girl a japanese hand grenade (she is almost 1 and didnt have one)
An AK74 kit for a secret project
A couple of Johns books
A bunch off 9mm but shot it on the line
MP44
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by MP44 »

Things I did see 1 or 2 mg34 lafettes for sale. A sweet mountain mg34 lafette almost as nice as the one I bought last year. Several mg34's for sale. 1 mg42 parts kit. Lots of John's great German books for sale. German 8mm WW2 head stamped ammo for 40cents per round.

Lots of neat stuff and folks. At least 6 of us from this site. 42rocker, mp44, John B., Folke, junglewalk, flemgunner and ??

Later 42rocker[/quote]

Was that the alpine mount that was on Ohio Ord.'s table? That was the only one that I saw there and he was trying to sell it as a package deal along with the gun. I was going to ask if he would break up the package.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

MP44
Yes, at OOW table.

Saw lots of small parts for the mg34,42 and lafette parts on several different tables.

Later 42rocker
MP44
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by MP44 »

42rocker wrote:mp44
Yes, at OOW table.

Saw lots of small parts for the mg34,42 and lafette parts on several different tables.

Later 42rocker
That was a nice mount. I have a lafette mount for my MG34 but it's not an alpine one.
I saw lots of parts but there was nothing that I really needed. I did buy three MG34 feed trays for a friend.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Well with a little pride I think that mine is a little nicer. The OOW one looked repainted and had an interesting bolt box that I should have taken a few pictures of. I had Folke look at the one that I bought last year and he thinks that it's original paint and everything is correct on it. Folke's comments made me feel good.

This is a pic of me feeding Avman's mg34 on my mg34 lafette. I bought this mg34 lafette from

http://mg34.com/

a few years ago after Charlie rebuilt the group that they bought from OOW. Someday I'll finish a reweld and will try out the mountain mg34 lafette. Till then we will keep using this one.
RIA.jpg
Later 42rocker
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Sounds like some nice purchases.

"All I got was a rock." :lol: :lol:

Forgive the "Peanuts" allusion, KC is too far for me, but my question for those that were there, what was the selection for parts kits, it seems from the major retailers most are long gone, (unless you fantasy shop on the webpage of Florida Gun Works)?

How was the ammo selection?
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Apex and mgs and Sarco had parts kits as did others. Most the barrel are drilled or not there. In talking with Jerry at mgs Friday it seems that someone bought out all of the pps43 parts kits in one buy. Lets just say over 50 kits at one shot.

Ammo was everywhere on the Thursday and Friday that I was there. Prices were way up but not as bad as I thought that they would be. But as some might tell you I'm not a good judge in ammo prices. Thursday night I helped to unload a lot of ammo from a pick up to a van in the hotel parking lot. About 25 or so wood crates. Guess two large spam cans per wood crate. Thought about that van a couple of times as I drove by it while it was sitting in the hotel parking lot. I'm guessing that the party driving it part made it in ok. I'll call and ask someday.

Saw a couple of mg34 parts kits and only one mg42 parts kit. The 42 parts kit was under a pile of parts kits and unless you had an idea it might be there you would never have found it. Price was $1595 if I remember right. Also saw a couple of m53 parts kits.

As pirate said about a year ago the old days are over. I'm planning to make another trip or two to the creek but keep thinking how cheap the guys in the brown trucks work for. I drove 850 miles to get there then a few nights in a hotel etc etc. so About 1700 miles round trip with gas normally around $3.28. Happy to say 34 miles per gallon.

Later 42rocker

About that "rock" well we got a lot of mud. Stuck on Thursday. The van I was in at the time spun the tires a lot of the way out on Friday. Saw mud that had been spun up from others folks tires on a lot of other cars and trucks.
K98dkmauser
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by K98dkmauser »

ya know i never been to knob creek
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

42rocker wrote:
As pirate said about a year ago the old days are over.

That brief era of parts kits bedlam (2005-2009) was crazy, so much fun, and so many cool things were spawned from it (like this site :D ) the whole idea of people all over the country on forums trying to think of ways to make an automatic gun chopped up via torch, live again as a viable, legal, semi-auto rifle.

Too bad it was so short lived :(
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

It was fun wasnt it. I came in late though built my first gun in 08
K98dkmauser
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by K98dkmauser »

im sad it will never be like that again
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Well it's different. As others will join me in stating the parts kits are still out there just bring 3 to 4 times what used to be paid for them. OOW used to sell 1919a4 kits for $350.. Sarco same basic kit is only $1,400..
MG42 kits (German) used to $300 to $400 and now yugo kits are $650. and the German ones $1,400 and up real fast.

Later 42rocker
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

No doubt the kits are there but the prices will keep out too many, the selection and inventory is much less, and the import barrel ban of 2005 really devastated the scene. Century was allegedly considering a semi-1910 Maxim and had 20,000 in a warehouse they could procure, but the barrel issue and to a lessor extent licensing the semi-conversion destroyed the plan.

At one point they were considering importing 91/30s just for their their barrels and using them.

However if there were German Mg42 parts kits still in European warehouses, even w/o barrels, they would bring a premium, especially when bare 4-cut receiver, Mg42 sets, sell for over $1200 on auction sites, even Ebay :lol:

42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Moved this from the mg34 area to a listing under chatter as that's what this really is not something just on mg34 stuff.

Another thing to think about is that with the new higher prices a lot of parts kits are coming out on the market place. Also a lot of folks are working hard to find new things to import. Both will have higher prices but might give us something to look forward to. One to point out is Sarco's Madson parts kit, there barrels are holed but Omega has them for sale.

Later 42rocker