Belt Feed Semi Auto Shoot @ Hernando Range April 6th, 2013

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Belt Feed Semi Auto Shoot @ Hernando Range April 6th, 2013

Post by 42rocker »

Well the first one went well. So going for a second shoot. Due to timing I was not able to get the full 200 yard range, but have a range setup thats about 140 yards long and wide enought (I'm told) for about 12 lanes, 10 foot.

Timing Well if Lucky13 (Rollin)'s arm gets better from my arm twisting him to get on down here then he will be part of a machine gun crew also. Rollin did say yes he will leave the snow and come on down for the sunshine here in Fla. So if you want to shoot your weapon and talk / meet Lucky13 (Rollin) this might be a place to show up.

Ok, details -- I have been told that I have the small range due to timing that said looking at 10 to 15 stations with max 20 to 25 shooters. Also due to Knob Creek being the following weekend and a car full of folks are heading up that way.

Where -- Hernando sportsman club on US 19 Hernando County Fla. Remember Lobo shoots.
http://www.hernandosportsmansclub.com/index.html

Time -- setup starts at 9:00 and Hot Range starts at 10:00 ends at 2:00 (planned, but) Must be out by 3:00

Special Shoot @ 12:00 ONLY 1917 and 1919 and 1928 style weapons allowed, 15 minutes 15 rounds, Prizes for top 3 scores. Spotters can be used and while I have an extra spotter or two, others might need one so if available help out. Cold range at 12:15 gather targets and Hot range at 12:30. Scopes bring them, might have one or two but?

Who -- Looking for as many 1917, 1919, 1928's style weapons first, but anything goes. If you bring Full Auto or SBA BRING Paperwork, I'm told it will be checked. Been told a few Semi Thompsons and Semi Auto Uzi's builds might be there. At least 1 or 2 mg42's also.

Groups -- Inviting 1919a4 folks and the mg42.com folks and the weaponsguild builders folks and a few friends. If you have someone that you want to bring make DARN Sure they can handle a weapon and know common range rules!! If your not sure, please leave them at home.

2000 limit reached see part two
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Belt Feed Semi Auto Shoot @ Hernando Range April 6th, 20

Post by 42rocker »

Groups -- Inviting 1919a4 folks and the mg42.com folks and the weaponsguild builders folks and a few friends. If you have someone that you want to bring make DARN Sure they can handle a weapon and know common range rules!! If your not sure, please leave them at home.

Shooting other folks weapons -- Happened last time -- might want to bring a few extra rounds 45cal, 9mm, .308 or 7.62x39 or 7.62x54 or whatever. If almost finished I might my Madsen build that I'm working and blogging on. To talk about if nothing else.

Cost -- Have been told $16 to $20, number of folks and to be worked out.

Cars to shoot up NONE.. Sorry not at this time. Have paper targets to see if you can hit the target at 100 yards without spraying and Praying, did I hit.

Prizes 3 prize groups 1st 12:00 Top Gunner Award. 2nd Lucky13's choice of best builds (who made what and more details, next few days) 3rd Peoples choice Everyone gets one vote or more, yes that painted pink setup could win this one, remember peoples choice. That includes the crowd (?) voting.

Last shoot there was a ""Warm Range"" Time Where NO shots were fired, barrels ALWAYS pointed down range and empty chambers, etc.. A time where we were allowed to walk and talk and "touch" weapons and be able to talk about builds and building and look at others weapons.

Shoot will be on the ground and if you want tables or chairs or shade/tents you need to bring them.

I'm sure things will change and I've made at least one mistake in the above so look for corrections.

PM me or post if you want in or post question or whatever.
I'm going to try to issue a special invite to LOBO and try to get him up to the shoot.

Later 42rocker
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

part three sign up list -- official list will be kept on 1919a4.com

http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?46550- ... post404367

I'll also try to keep this updated as well.

Lanes max 15

1 -- 42rocker & crew (2)
2 -- Lucky13 & crew (2)
3 -- avman & crew (2)
4 -- friends of 42rocker (2)
5 -- friends of 42rocker (2)
6 -- open
7 -- open
I'll set more lanes up as needed 12 max. 25 shooters max.

just post and I'll edit and put you in -- remember 12 lanes max, as it's going to be first come first on the list please make sure.

Later 42rocker
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Of the 12 lanes thee are 3 left. No one from this site yet. There should be at least two mg42's and might be one mg34. Might on that mg34, I'll bring the mg34 lafette if someone else will bring their mg34. Please note I'm still taking my mg34 Lafette home with me. I don't care if it was your Birthday a little while ago. Your Birthday hint did not work, sorry about that.

Later 42rocker
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Bump back to the top

Later 42rocker
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

It's on for this Saturday. Talked with the RO and we are all setup and good to go. See the first post in this thread for more info.
Have spaces for a few more shooters to this semi shoot.
Please PM or post for a spot.

Later 42rocker
K98dkmauser
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by K98dkmauser »

sure wish i could come and bring my k98s i dont have any real fun guns though
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

K98dkmauser
You and your k98's would be welcome to show up. We will have a few of the "fun" guns there to look at and talk about also. If this shoot goes well then working on having it twice a year. This is the second one.

Later 42rocker
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Just filled another lane. I believe that I have one left. Anyone??

Later 42rocker
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Just talked to the RO and he said to tell everyone NO Tracer or AP rounds. We will have cardboard targets and stands to shoot at.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in the morning. Also two weather reports said no rain.

Later 42rocker
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

I'll post pics and a few other things up later. Lucky13 and I are going back to sorting out some more 1919 parts. I thought that I had sorted things out but he found several new items that I had missed. Also found something that he had not seen before. kkkriverrats and others will post a few pics later.

To all that came to the shoot THANKS and we will do it again in a few months. Going to try for twice a year.

Later 42rocker
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Awards and pics.

Top Gun Award was stolen!! At a last minute bad call I allowed an mg34 (first time shot since reweld) in the line up.
1st place Avman using my lafette and his mg34. The team of Avman and Toad took the award
2nd place Bill Akins and his son
3rd place Team of 42rocker and his son-in-law
4th place Don and his son Chris

Rollin Best 1919 picks
1st Don and Chris
2nd Bill Akins
3rd 42rocker That's me in last place. Need to grind down some rivets and park the side place if I want to do better I guess.

Hope to have more 1919's, 17's and 28's in the next shoot.
Hope that all had a good time. I know that we shared weapons and talked about how we build things and even worked on a few things during the shoot. Should also add the range was a great host and the two RO's were also.

Later 42rocker
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Part 2
I should also add I have more photos and larger photos. Don't want to choke the website. Email me if your on and want.

Later 42rocker
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
RIA.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
K98dkmauser
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by K98dkmauser »

looks like it was fun wish i could have been there :(
K98dkmauser
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann