What's next? Walk in's

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

What's next? Walk in's

Post by 42rocker »

As stated in the last topic post that I talked about getting a Tiger Tank pic. well this time some "Howitzer" Military Academy West Point Year Books came in.

I never know whats going to walk into the shop.... Really...
This time 6 volumes of the "Howitzer" the Military Academy West Point Year Book were walked into the door. I had never seen one before. They are very interesting. Started with a set that went from 1949 to 1952 then had a single 1977, the son following the father. I got to thinking about that and remembered coaching at a national gymnastics clinic and meeting the West Point Gymnastics Coach and one of my Gymnasts then going to the point. Got to thinking about it and thought over the time period and got to looking in the 1977 edition and found him in the picture of the West Point Gymnastics Team. Brought back a few memories.

On other notes. In the 1952 Howitzer year book I found notes about the classmates. Retired 1971, 1972 etc, along with resigned 1957,56, 62 and then found the notes that were simple, a date 1953, 1966, 1967 and on, "the Men that gave it all"... Thoughts turned to the amount of a class that did not live to see their senior moment. I have had other Military Group yearbooks and have thought about how many of them never got to see an old age.
GOD BLESS THOSE THAT GAVE IT ALL AND THOSE THAT SERVED...

Later 42rocker
Colorado1919
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: What's next? Walk in's

Post by Colorado1919 »

My father retired in 1973 from the Army as a MSG E8 with a tour in Vietnam where he won a Bronze Star. He tells me that the best officers he served under were all from west point.
Happiness is a WARM beltfed.

"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was." Toby Keith

Live to shoot, shoot to live.

Belt-feeders does not = bottom-feeders.