New members must contact admin@mg42.us to have their account activated. Please include your username.

salt

Introductions (or one way to increase your post count).

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Introductions (or one way to increase your post count).

Postby JBaum » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:03 pm

Welcome, you've come to the right place. Start by reading the Stickies section. It'll keep you busy for a few days. Most answers are in there, but we have some very good builders too, if you get stuck or have a question.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com

Triggered
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

Postby Triggered » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:12 pm

Have been a lurker on the forum for a while, decided to join up the closer I get to (hopefully) bringing home an MG42.

Same username across a few major forums out there in case I run into you elsewhere.

Just wanting to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience available here, also hopefully a new go-to community with regards to the MG42 and its successors.

Have a decent understanding of the 42 and have been behind the trigger a few times, but I'm sure I'll pull some FNG moves and questions from time to time :mrgreen:

Excited in getting to know the forum.

sdk1968
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Postby sdk1968 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:44 am

havent been on in a few years ... figured i better come thru & check on everything...

see what ive missed.

thing about my 42' & 53's... once you've built them all you do is shoot & clean them.. nothing has ever broken.

:D
say what you mean & mean what you say

JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JBaum » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:38 am

They're very dependable when you do it right. Welcome back. :)
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com

M48TANKER
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Postby M48TANKER » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:25 am

Hello All,

They call me "TANKER" or "M48TANKER". I chose that name years ago and have used it on many different forums. I was a "Gunner" on an M48A3 tank in Vietnam during 1969/70. After I graduated from college with a degree in Business Administration....I lost my student deferment of course. As it turned out that didn't make much difference due to the implementation of the "Lottery system."

I enlisted in the U.S. Army and did my basic and advanced individual training in Armor at Fort Knox. The graduates of the Armor school were immediately sent to Viet Nam. I said goodbye to my wife and 18 month old daughter and off to war I went.

My love of firearms was enhanced by their ability to actually keep me alive. Functioning firearms are very important to a soldier, law enforcement, home owners, and everyone who enjoys FREEDOM.

Enough for now....got to get that post count up.

M48TANKER
"Join the Army, Travel to Exotic Distant Lands, Meet Exciting Unusual People....and KILL THEM"

Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Postby Der Alder » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:44 pm

M48TANKER wrote:Hello All,

They call me "TANKER" or "M48TANKER". I chose that name years ago and have used it on many different forums. I was a "Gunner" on an M48A3 tank in Vietnam during 1969/70. After I graduated from college with a degree in Business Administration....I lost my student deferment of course. As it turned out that didn't make much difference due to the implementation of the "Lottery system."

I enlisted in the U.S. Army and did my basic and advanced individual training in Armor at Fort Knox. The graduates of the Armor school were immediately sent to Viet Nam. I said goodbye to my wife and 18 month old daughter and off to war I went.

My love of firearms was enhanced by their ability to actually keep me alive. Functioning firearms are very important to a soldier, law enforcement, home owners, and everyone who enjoys FREEDOM.

Enough for now....got to get that post count up.

M48TANKER

Welcome to the board and thank you for your service.
Let us know how we can help you.

Flanker7227
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Intro! P1

Postby Flanker7227 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Hi y'all

I guess this is one way to do introductions, by tacking it on to someone else's intro thing. Someone stop me if I'm wrong.

I'm Corey, or Flanker, or that weird guy in the corner. I like guns and the shooting and building thereof. I started my MG42 project when I was 15. Which was a mistake. 6 years later (or something like that, not sure how old I am anymore), I actually have the funding to build it. (Thank you VA).

Flanker7227
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Intro! P2

Postby Flanker7227 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:53 pm

I love planes. Was a former Air Force Boom Operator on the KC-135R

And then lame stuff happened and I was no longer in the Air Force. Currently working on becoming a gunsmith though, and Using VA money to help fund it. Hopefully I can learn a thing or 12 from you guys on here.

Flanker7227
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Intro! P3

Postby Flanker7227 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:00 pm

So my interests are Planes and guns. I don't have any planes.

But I have a load of guns! Like 14 in total (It's a load to me). Russian ones are my favorite. From the Makarov to the AK to the Mosin Nagant. Those are the only two I own (for now). Light Machine guns are my love, so my dream is to eventually own a PKM (maybe even a full auto one?). For now I'm fine with building my MG.

Flanker7227
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Intro! P4

Postby Flanker7227 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:03 pm

My other hobbies are just chilling with friendos and playing video games. I'm not that old, what did you expect?

Writing is another one of my big things. I'm not too good at it, but I love doing it. Sitting down with a blank Word document and letting my mind come up with a world of it's own is a blast. I also spend huge amounts of time researching things to include in my work, which means I visit places like this a lot for historical precedents to things or stories or just plain old facts.

Flanker7227
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Intro! P5

Postby Flanker7227 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:05 pm

So That's a bit about me. Also bats are the greatest animal ever. I love bats.

Look forward to reading through the forum, buying parts, reading about other things, and doing a lot of gun related things. Hopefully. Maybe.

- Corey

Return to “Chatter”