Update: Alleghany Arsenal Problems

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
medved

Update: Alleghany Arsenal Problems

Post by medved »

As a result of the help of a good friend of both myself and Greg Souchik (Steve Carlesco of Gunsmith Inc)and probably the many post on this board, the problems with the 1910 and MG 42 parts kit have been resolved to my complete satifaction. Greg contacted me last week via e-mail wanting to resolve the problems. As it turns out he was at a Boy Scout Jamboree and out of town. It seems via the cell phone conversations he was having with his office he wasn't fully aware of the problems that existed. I sent him a return e-mail explaining all the problems that existed and my conversations with his office as close as I could remember them.
He quickly replied and said he was sending all the missing parts and an extra firing pin and firing pin spring for my troubles which he did.
First I want to thank Greg publically for rersolving all the problems and secondly to all those who responded to my initial post.
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

I have ordered from AA before and have had a few missing parts. While Greg may not come across as the niciest guy, he always made it right. I also find that NEVER pissing off the folks that answer the phones (I know this can be VERY tough if they're not gun savvy) really helps. Afterall these are the folks that generally present your 'case' to someone in charge. If they dont like you, the decision maker starts off being less inclined to help.

I had a rather terse message from IMA's owner on my voice mail today, but after I called him and explained the situation and the conversations (preorder) and the letter I sent with my order he went from semi - ass to very pleasant.

Glad to hear that Greg took care of you. From my dealings with him, I wouldnt hesitate to order from AA again.
Smooth is Fast