stickies or FAQ topics

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

stickies or FAQ topics

Post by gunslingerdoc »

I thought of a few frequently asked topics that might be helpful:

A. a belt loader tutorial and eventually a 308 mod'ed to 8mm section (yes Tom got me thinking about and playing with my loader at 2 am). I willing to do a pic tutorial if I had some kind of manual I could incorporate with the pics. EG. the parts, set up operation, maintenance.

B. a drum diferences pictorial.

C. a feedtray, belts and top cover diferences tutorial

D. Date codes and factory ID for an MG42 and MG 34. Probably should include barrel codes/dates as well. Yeah the info is out in old posts but I seem to constantly be looking it up.

E. a homebuilders troubleshooting section

F. a builders data section, with answers to questions like "whats the OAL of the receiver", Pirates welding primer.

Just my thoughts...
Smooth is Fast
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

gsd thats a good idea, pirate has been doin a step by step build so that has become a tutorial, if you make a topic a sticky and get it all setup step by step with discriptions and pics let salt know and he can transfer it to the tutorial or fac database :D
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

Im willing to take pics of the stuff I have but I know there are others with lots more pics, info and stuff. I dont think I have enough of anything to make a decent pictorial. I am planning to do one when I weld my rec - Im planning on using some of BRP's rec. sections and cutting out the torch cut areas since I figure that a butt joint will be easier and give a better finished product than filling in the gaps (Orin's idea so I cant take credit). At least it will give guys another way to do something.

Is there a belt loader specific manual? I havent looked in my Baum translations in a while so there may be a section in one of them.

I was also thinking that the whole stickies or tacked topics gets to be too much when there are beaucoup topics 'stuck' so some better way to organize them would be better.
Smooth is Fast
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

that type weldin is how we did mine, only problem is all the rec are not identical due to the stamping process
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

It would be helpfull if there was some way to extract all the pertinent information from past posts and put it in one place.