1919 and MG3 have sex and you get...

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

1919 and MG3 have sex and you get...

Post by gunslingerdoc »

Here's a link to more pics on 1919a4.com http://1919a4.com/cgi-bin/noncgi/Forum1 ... 166-2.html for more pics but I thought I'd share over here since this was my last 1919 project until I get a mg42 running

Smooth is Fast
salt6
General
General
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by salt6 »

:shock: :twisted:
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

looks nice but I used a ww2 basket that sticks out straight from the side, I think it gives better flexability :shock:
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

Straight out from the side would have been cooler, but then NEW MG3 drums are $19 from Robert. THe newer nylon ones are probably more resistant to damage and wont rust either. I also like how the latch on the feedtray works. Again, its far from a perfect solution. If I had my way, the drum would mount closer the receiver and would sit higher. I think I could get it pretty close, but it would take more mods to the feedtray. I'll probably try when my shooting buddy sees this one - he'll want one for his 1919. As we all know its SOOOOO much easier the second time you build something.

Hell, Im sure one of these nights at about 10PM, I'll decide it needs to be 'better' and spend 3-4 hours redoing it. Then, I'll end up reminding myself, "the enemy of good, is better."
Smooth is Fast