MG13 wood handles

1fozziebear
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

MG13 wood handles

Post by 1fozziebear »

Does anybody have or know where I can get replacement wood handles for the MG13. Mine is missing it and would love to out some on it.

Thanks
Fozzie
Fishpaw
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Re: MG13 wood handles

Post by Fishpaw »

I need a replacement set too. I do have the original wood handles. One is in good condition and the other is half gone. Good one could be used as a template.
1fozziebear
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Post by 1fozziebear »

I assume they are half-rounds. Kind of like a Broomhandle?? Can you take some photos and maybe a couple general dims. I'll search around to see if anyone would make a few sets.
Fishpaw
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by Fishpaw »

Just dug out the original handles. Better pics and measurements soon. If it would be better to send them in the mail, I can do that, but only if its someone who isnt going to lose or keep them of course. Image
1fozziebear
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Post by 1fozziebear »

Looking at those. I wonder if I could fashion them out of dowel rod cut in half and "whittle" it to final size??

I don't want you to feel like your risking those. Is there anyway to measure the length, width and thickness. I'll figure out the holes. Also, is there a taper to them??
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

A nice piece of white oak from a good wood shop, maybe a stair railing spindle, would be good for that. It's already tapered somewhat, and white oak has a fine grain with excellent strength, with hardness against dents. Pine, while easy to work with, lacks the qualities necessary for durability.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com