Anything historically accurate about IMA's large Shield?

IMBLITZVT
General
General

Anything historically accurate about IMA's large Shield?

Post by IMBLITZVT »

Just got one of these in and tried it on my Sled. It did not work at all with the traditional small sled armor shield. I would say it could be fitted to a Sled with no armor shield. Anyway I was wondering is there any historically accurate about this shield. Did the Germans ever use a shield that looked at all like this one? If so, any good pictures out there?

Here is a picture of one of their sleds all painted up.
139105119340.jpg
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Anything historically accurate about IMA's large Shield?

Post by JBaum »

IMA and historical accuracy are often at opposite ends of the spectrum. Just sayin'.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
jmann
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by jmann »

Not sure but it looks nothing like my original shield which is the style seen in a lot of the photos. That said there were several types that are pictured side by side in a period photo in the paintbrush.
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

jmann wrote:Not sure but it looks nothing like my original shield which is the style seen in a lot of the photos. That said there were several types that are pictured side by side in a period photo in the paintbrush.
Yeah its nothing close to the one you have. However I do see one picture in TDPB that seems to show a very similar profile. I figure they probably copied it from something rather then just invented the look when reproing the shield... or its Turk made.