MG08/15

messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

MG08/15

Post by messerschmittfan »

I am picking up a nice MG08/15 that has had some semi-auto modifications made to it. It does not have a right side plate. Does anyone make a semi-auto side plate for this gun? The lock mechanism is from a Maxim 1910 that has been modified and the left side plate has been modified so that an original MG08/15 FA lock assembly will no longer fit. Thanks for any assistance/information. Harry
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Re: MG08/15

Post by IMBLITZVT »

messerschmittfan wrote:I am picking up a nice MG08/15 that has had some semi-auto modifications made to it. It does not have a right side plate. Does anyone make a semi-auto side plate for this gun? The lock mechanism is from a Maxim 1910 that has been modified and the left side plate has been modified so that an original MG08/15 FA lock assembly will no longer fit. Thanks for any assistance/information. Harry
Hi Harry, you bought the gun from David I assume? No one is making a semi auto plate or even dummy plates at this point. Yes 1910 lock conversion is nice and will allow you to headspace. I sold David some of the parts including that nicely painted jacket. I would talk to David more about that semi sideplate and get all the info out of him that you can. I would get his phone number and give him a call. No one better to talk to than the original builder. He is also on the 1919a4.com board and you can find some posts on there with the semi autos he has made.

If you got it for the price I saw on GB, it was a real good deal. I was half thinking of making an offer just so I could split it up and sell off the parts.
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Thanks for the answer, yes I got it from David for that price. A friend of mine, Dolf Goldsmith, lives a few miles from me and once I get it I will be at Dolf's place to see what we can do on it. David is a great guy and has sent me a lot of information on the gun, I am sure I will get it up and running as a legal semi-auto. Thanks Harry
Fishpaw
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by Fishpaw »

Been sitting on two parts kits, waiting for a semi build for the 08/15
1851NAVY
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by 1851NAVY »

Fishpaw - send me your email - I have drawings of the semi plate I made up along with all of the semi auto mod's. Unfortunately - in the state I'm in - a semi 08/15 would be illegal to own so I couldn't send it in for approval anyway. Hopefully someone in a gun friendly state can use this and actually get the design approved.

Matt - thanks - much appreciated.

Harry - have the boxes - will be wrapping this weekend.
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Thanks, Dolf Goldsmith does not live far from me and I will be taking the gun over to him and Frank so we can go over it and come up with a legal way to play with it here in Arizona. Harry
MarkFinneran
Oberst
Oberst

Post by MarkFinneran »

Harry thanks. When you see Dolf could you ask him to answer/check his email!
VMT
Mark
:shock:
Seeking all items, large or small, to the Imperial MG08, MG08/15 & T Gewehr.
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

MarkFinneran wrote:Harry thanks. When you see Dolf could you ask him to answer/check his email!
VMT
Mark
:shock:
I have never received an answer to any email of mine either... gave up a long time ago.
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

He only answers about one of every five I send him. He has been out of state clearing his residence in NY I believe he is currently in Tucson as I visited with him last Thursday and asked about his email. He said when he is on the road he does not have time to check. I may see him again tomorrow if he comes over to Don's (Omega Weapons) as I will be there working on some 34's. Harry
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Saw and spoke to Dolf today, he is having problems with his email as it is sending most of it to his anti-spam folder. He really does not know how to get the spam sorted from real email without reading each one. If you really need to get in touch with him send me the message and I will print it off and give to him on this Saturday when him and Frank are coming to visit. He will be leaving on a two month trip after the 1st so I will not see again until September. My email h.connors@centurylink.net Harry
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

PM sent on potential 08/15 semi-sideplate lead.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864