MOUNTAIN TROOP MG 08

LA MITRAILLE
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

MOUNTAIN TROOP MG 08

Post by LA MITRAILLE »

hello,

One of my last finds, it is about a stand made by the park of artillery of Spandau from elements of French's tripod Mle 1907. This one had to answer precise criteria for the use in mountain by the German specific troops.

Regards
David
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Re: MOUNTAIN TROOP MG 08

Post by IMBLITZVT »

Boy, that is awesome! Never seen anything like it. How many mounting solutions do you have for the MG08?
LA MITRAILLE
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by LA MITRAILLE »

Hello Matt,

There are several solutions for mounting troops, i count 2 tripods and some expedient trench mount.
There are also a lot of mountain accessories....

Regards
David
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

We don't get to see many of these mounts in the US. We have Sleds, some trench mounts and a few tripods from other countries. Very few other mounts made it back here. Bunker mounts, converted tripods like this one and other rare tripods just never made it back to the US.

Also you found it in such amazing shape! What did the French capture the gun right away or was this left over after the war?
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Wow! That is awesome, what a rare find! We rarely see such rare mounts over here in the US, that doesn't look to be dug, where was that all these years??? Did they use those in the Voseges fighting? :photos:
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Matt's right about mounts here in the US. I'd like to get an early war (standard pattern) sled mount, but I haven't even seen one of those in a while. Mounts are a little hard to find.